$10 Schwinn: good deal to fix and flip or naw?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thinking about buying this Schwinn to fix it up and resell it to make a little cash. I've got wheels and tubes, but I'd definitely need to buy tires for it. Sound like it's worth the effort, or should I just pass on it? I could use the parts either way.

Looks like a 60's bike going by the seat tube decal. Well worth 10 bucks even though no back wheel. That's ok it was probably an S-7 anyway.
For ten bucks always buy first and ask questions later. That's how I get a lot of parts and some junk but it works out as a plus overall.

Well, unsurprisingly, it looks like someone beat me to it.
That's usually the way things work. If you pause to ask others if it is worth the asking price, it will often be snatched before you get there. With time, one gains confidence in what something is worth to him/her, and is able to jump on a deal without second guessing. Better luck next time.

That's usually the way things work. If you pause to ask others if it is worth the asking price, it will often be snatched before you get there. With time, one gains confidence in what something is worth to him/her, and is able to jump on a deal without second guessing. Better luck next time.
Well I asked about it as soon as I saw the ad, but by the time I even saw the ad, it had already been up for over 2 hours, plenty of time for someone else to have asked about it first. I'm not really that bummed about it. There'll always be other bikes out there for cheap.

Well I asked about it as soon as I saw the ad, but by the time I even saw the ad, it had already been up for over 2 hours, plenty of time for someone else to have asked about it first. I'm not really that bummed about it. There'll always be other bikes out there for cheap.
Those cast stems are worth $25 all day, I cna't tell on this one but the same pedals were on thew middleweights that were on the Stingray. I spend $10 on doughnuts a day next time ask questions later. And also do not beat yourself up like @Son of Kradus said there will be more.

Buy it quick before someone else does. I get $200 for those cleaned and oiled with new tires. Or it will last you years

Latest posts

Back