101 Uses For A Pacicific Cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I was just given a Pacific Schwinn Panther for free. Now what?

I was searching for a cruiser frame for a winter project. My girlfriends brother gave me a rusty Target Panther. He picked it up at a tag sale for $10. Have any of you sized one of these? Not sure of the measurements. Where would you go from here? My budget is anything under $100. $150 with a nice seat.

So far, I am leaning in this direction:
7x2j2as.jpg

This is a friend of a friend's bike. Fixed gear, whatever. Functional as all get-out. I like front baskets. Planning on a huge Wald model.

Peace and chicken grease.

-Slacker

You don't live in Ontario, Canada do you? :lol: Last July some punk lifted mine from my trailer! :x
We took and put some apes on it and a nice seat with matching grips. Had a nice Stingray tool bag and lighting. It was mainly used as a tractor for our beverage wagon. really liked the way it rode with the apes. The original handlebars sucked. Every time I go to Canada, I have to leave some type of transportation behind! :cry: I think it's a rule or something.

Anyways keep us posted on your Target Jag and stay awy from Canada if possible! :lol:

A target panther? The new schwinn panthers are pretty nice actually, my friend has one.
If it's the target bike it's probably the Jaguar, which is still a heck of a deal for $10.
That one runs a derailer so if you're going to so single speed you might need a chain tensioner since the dropouts don't allow for any adjustment.
But if you do indeed have a panther, then congrats.

EDIT: Looking at your intro it looks like you're on top of it, good luck.

Back