$110,000 fat bike!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
http://www.bikerumor.com/2013/12/24/24k-gold-extreme-mountain-bike-worlds-most-expensive-fatbike/
Gold-Fatbike-house-of-solid-gold-600x449.jpg

The article goes on to say there is a even more expensive version for $1,000,000.

Amazing. It doesn't even have hydraulic brakes. And it seems that some doofus has plated a $50 crankset. SMH

Omg that seat looks like some Jim Henson creation which is both rank and about to barf

Every try taking a molded plastic seat off the rails? I usually have to saw them in half (the plastic part) so I can recycle the steel.

I've tried to pop the rails back in on some that have come loose. That's a royal pita too. Now try it while not messing up the new gold plating on the rails. My guess is they have special tools at the factory and they put them together when the plastic is right out of the molds and still soft and pliable.

Why did they use a cheap molded plastic seat instead of a high end leather model that is riveted together? Drilling out rivets and replacing them in a new hard leather seat isn't difficult at all. I think Sella had a special gold model out a while back.

I wonder if they could gold plate the rails without removing the plastic. ???

Latest posts

Back