• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1920’s Schwinn built

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking for a teens or 20’s, possibly early 30’s 28” wheel Schwinn built motobike, truss or double bar frame. Frameset preferred, wheels not necessary. Looking to do a 700c wheel conversion.

I deeply regret selling this one a few years back, if anyone happens to recognize it, I’d love to buy it back… Was bought from a friend who has since passed… Sold it to a fellow in Lebanon, IN at the Hoosier swap back in 2018, I believe he was from southern Ohio.

D5CA3A45-6544-4CA8-B667-5E5E91393A5F.jpeg

Type Edwards & Crist in the search box here at RRB. I did the build and posted some ride pictures here. The words in blue "Edwards & Crist" in my post above are a link to it.

Cool and good luck in your search; they're out there.
Thank you. I’ve got one that I’m about ready to pull the trigger on, but it’s not “perfect” for what I want. But the only thing holding me back is just the head badge it has lol. I ordered some Velocity Blunts yesterday and an 8 speed Nexus as well as a new Sturmey front drum…. I’m gonna be ready to build, just need a canvas!

Central Illinois and southern Indiana cough up a few early bikes each summer. It just takes watching the ads and willingness to take long rural drives. I saw mine sitting in the background of an ad for another bike I was interested in and got a two for deal.

Central Illinois and southern Indiana cough up a few early bikes each summer. It just takes watching the ads and willingness to take long rural drives. I saw mine sitting in the background of an ad for another bike I was interested in and got a two for deal.
I’ve been looking for awhile, but I’m being picky because this is going to be my last major build for awhile. Family cruiser with gears and good brakes. I’m selling most of my collection to build this dream of mine so I want to be sure it’s the right build.

Latest posts

Back