193? DP Harris Gold Medal

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here is my entry in the RAT ROD bike build-off 4.

Sending it out this week for sand blasting. I'll keep you posted on the progress.

100_1358.jpg

100_1357.jpg

100_1356.jpg

Well,you've got a great base bike to start with!...look'in forward to watching your build as it progresses...Pappy 8)

'37 H.P. Snyder frame, Hawthorne, Rollfast, the fork and chain ring, fenders are incorrect for bike, make sure you check the frame over very closely for crack's, they are noted for it especially around the seat post area

Progress so far. Painted the frame and forks metallic blue. Working on fenders. Should have a mock up build soon....

100_1433.jpg

100_1436.jpg

bigblockthing said:
paint job looks sweeet!
any idea what kind of stem that came with? my 40s roadmaster has the same one

Thanks!!!!

Not sure but I'd guess an old Wald with the top bolt. I have the same one on a 1940's Womens Shelby and a 1937 Mens Pilot. Pretty common back then.

Almost There...

Almost done...

Built to ride. Tested it out and found the coaster brake wasn't working very well. Have to rebuild it but I'm thinking of doing different rims now.

Stay tuned...

RR_LFT.jpg

RR_RT.jpg

if that bendex has the brass shoes try swaping them for a steel pair. it will stop much better

Back