1935 Monark 5 BAR "Deluxe 6 Rat Racer"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well fellow ratters, here is my first ever submission to a RRB Build-Off. Trying to stay true to the rat theme, I have collected most of the parts from right here on the forum including the frame, forks, seat, tires, crank, pedals and grips. I also finished the bike in rust with a couple details painted and striped. I designed the badges and had Terry over at Jones & Son burn them for me. I believe I might have even designed a couple other badges for the build-off for some other builders as well. I also leather tooled the seat. The theme of the bike is "Rat Racer" and numbered it "6" in honor of the 6th annual build. Unfortunately, it really is not finished but I have run out of time as I am off to see family back in my home town in Wisconsin, and had knee surgery right at the beginning of the build which left me with less time than I would have liked so it will have to do the way it is. The only thing new on the bike are the wheels (I had ordered in January for another build) and the stem (which was modified to work on this bike) so I don't have a whole lotta money into it but I sure do have some time, a lot of sweat, and my fair share of blood. I had a blast on this bike and thank everyone here for the inspiration, the parts and the words of encouragement. This place has been a tremendous resource and I cannot put into words how much I appreciate it.

1935_Monark_5_Bar_10-10.jpg

1935_Monark_5_Bar_57-57.jpg

1935_Monark_5_Bar_58-58.jpg

1935_Monark_5_Bar_38-38.jpg

1935_Monark_5_Bar_36-36.jpg

1935_Monark_5_Bar_29-29.jpg

1935_Monark_5_Bar_34-34.jpg

1935_Monark_5_Bar_46-46.jpg

1935_Monark_5_Bar_3-3.jpg

Check out the build forum: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=39727
Thanks to Robert Humanski for snapping a few photos of the bike for me!

Your work is part of the inspiration. Your bike captures it. Great work! :D :D :D

This thing has got it ALL. It's one of several bikes entered this year, that the fabrication is so well executed, that if you didn't know where it came from, you'd "swear" it was a styling exercise by a HIGH end bicycle company....Absolutely one of my favorites.

This thing flows sooooo well!! There isn't one thing on this I don't like!! It just went straight to the top of my list :D

Anyone else notice the bars got flipped during his photo shoot?? Personally, I like them turned up like in the later pics.

KOTA said:
This thing has got it ALL. It's one of several bikes entered this year, that the fabrication is so well executed, that if you didn't know where it came from, you'd "swear" it was a styling exercise by a HIGH end bicycle company....Absolutely one of my favorites.

I agree.... in fact I bet bike companies would be jealous to have a design like this.

KOTA said:
+1!

There are a select few bikes that I'm gonna have a real hard time deciding between, my vote won't be easy!

Latest posts

Back