1935 Westfield/Columbia Streamline

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Haven't been around much lately....life has a way of getting in the way sometimes. Nothing new to report since last year until this weekend. I believe this to be a 1935 Westfield built and possibly Columbia badged Streamline. I just stuck the chainguard on there for the photo though I believe it had one and possibly of this style without the vent holes. Anyways, I've wanted a bike of this style for awhile and this one was the first I've found in my price range.....can't wait to find out more about it and locate the missing parts.

Would love to hear some info about it or pictures of similar bikes.....thanks

Thanks guys! Westfield built the Elgin Blackhawks. This bike has the same basic tank but a different frame. The sprocket is the coffin style Columbia and the shadow of the badge looks Columbia. Thats what led me to believe it's an in house badged Westfield. Also has ghosts of stripes on the stainless fenders which I believe where on the upper end Columbia.

I cant believe how well that tank has held up, you could fit a whole tool box in the thing :D :D Thats new to me about westfield building the black hawk, I had a higgins that was westfield built before but I had no Idea they colaborated this early. I cant wait to see it going, some riding pictures are in order haha

Super nice find Jeff! Congratulations!

I think Westfield was the primary supplier for Sears Elgin until about '37-'38 when Murray shared duties and eventually took over.

I saw this at Memory Lane and I know there were several eyes on it. Definitely a very nice bike anyone would be proud to own. Nice buy :D

Latest posts

Back