1937 Rusty Roadmaster ??? and Schwinn Typhoon with pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Last edited:
and this typhoon

and some small parts

Nice Roadmaster; I would put your bike as a late '36. The chainring and scallop guard was a feature on 35-36 bikes but a serial may help verify that. Also, a picture of the joints at the head tube.

First year Typhoon 1962 only frame. Very nice finds!

Nice Roadmaster; I would put your bike as a late '36. The chainring and scallop guard was a feature on 35-36 bikes but a serial may help verify that. Also, a picture of the joints at the head tube.

First year Typhoon 1962 only frame. Very nice finds!

I think it is a 35/36 as well. I am pretty sure the smaller inner paisley holes in the chainring were limited to 35/36. I think in '37 they went with a larger design.

I think it is a 35/36 as well. I am pretty sure the smaller inner paisley holes in the chainring were limited to 35/36. I think in '37 they went with a larger design.

The man speaks truth. Also, this frame first appeared mid-late '36, so that makes narrowing it down easier. I've only seen one or two of these bent tank frames with the early parts like that. The joints at the headtube should be different as well. More like a Schwinn joints versus the typical CWC butted electric welds.

About the RM
Thanks, you are the professionals guys. I don't know where I should look for the serial number.
Do you think it is repaint? It looks like other color under. Is that the original kick stand?
But I don't want to mess with the bike. I'm not doing this kind of stuff.
I don't know how and I don't have a space to work. The bike is for sale as is.

About the RM
Thanks, you are the professionals guys. I don't know where I should look for the serial number.
Do you think it is repaint? It looks like other color under. Is that the original kick stand?
But I don't want to mess with the bike. I'm not doing this kind of stuff.
I don't know how and I don't have a space to work. The bike is for sale as is.

Serial will be under the bottom bracket. Blue is definitely a repaint. The kickstand is from the period--late 30s but was not original to the bike. Desireable "Flying-V" fork, early frame & parts, crossbars make it a good base to build up how somebody would like to. Maybe they can even strip the paint and see how durable the finish CWC touted really is!

Latest posts

Back