1938/39 Women's Comet

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Picked this up from my buddy today! Couldn't really decode the year. I think it's a '38 or '39. There are lots of cool parts on it: Delta Electric front fender light, Person's Jeweled Reflector, Long Spring Saddle, Dog Leg Cranks, Peaked fenders...
I'm probably gonna part this out, but I'm keeping the struts and seat post.

Last edited:
Man, that's a gorgeous bike!

Yeah, it is. If I had good wheels, I would give it a rustoration. Moneys tight right now so a part out will probably make me the most, and it's hard to sell girls bikes.

Nice bike. You east coast guys and your Westfields...those things must have stayed pretty close to home. I never see them around here. I'm just down the road a ways from the Schwinn factory and they pretty much dominated this area. Too bad, we could use more old Columbia's. Gary

seems sad to part that girly out. she lasted this long all original. but i know where you're coming from Nick. good luck, hope she makes you lots of money.

Nice! It's Westfield built so the serial number can be decoded. But 38-39 is most likely. I can maybe use the reflector for my 38 men's Westfield and I can certainly use the dropstand for the same bike. That light is a great piece even though it's half gone. She's nice overall. Maybe you can get some money out of the accessory type parts and keep her core together.

Nice! It's Westfield built so the serial number can be decoded. But 38-39 is most likely. I can maybe use the reflector for my 38 men's Westfield and I can certainly use the dropstand for the same bike. That light is a great piece even though it's half gone. She's nice overall. Maybe you can get some money out of the accessory type parts and keep her core together.

The dropstand is bent, so I don't know if it's salvageable? I haven't had a chance to really look the bike over, but I will let you know. PM me about the reflector I'm not 100% sure I want to sell that yet.

Last edited:
Yeah, the guard in that condition is probably worth more than that (the last one I saw on ebay went for $27 http://www.ebay.com/itm/310944483869?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 ) I was just throwing it out there because I have been looking for one, but don't necessarily want one in such good shape as I plan on doing my own custom rattle-can job to it. No worries though.

P.S. I use a shipping address in Washington State as I live very close to the border ;)

Attention, members that PM'd me. I just got finished stripping the whole bike down. I will send pics and work out prices with you all tomorrow. All the parts that were not PM'd about will be put in a For Sale thread tomorrow afternoon.

Latest posts

Back