1938 CWC Roadmaster Psycho Truck Conversion

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10 hours today. Lots of heat lamp on paint. Colonial Red rust oleum, baked under IR lamps. Sanded with 500, then weathered using water, splatter and airbrush techniques. Pinstriped, then matte clear. Then baked for about an hour. Assembled this evening.
0796AA4E-C2FB-49F6-A7D7-EBAC82EE4C75.jpeg
B3B9AC19-545A-4E5E-841E-4C7538734115.jpeg
C0BBC2BB-00E4-4D8B-B63C-75793FC1E93C.jpeg
2F660AD3-2F6F-4B73-9C63-FEEF89A51FCA.jpeg
FFCF9E90-EC43-41D7-A985-CBF26DA1668C.jpeg
E6C353B1-9080-460A-A1CB-95C3A20477B9.jpeg
BD65DD3C-3B77-469B-BC94-1E5FBDF92149.jpeg
7D9D2E0A-07C7-4333-9458-80E764A53FAE.jpeg
6EB791CC-DCC4-4FB8-B365-8C0C85D6C465.jpeg
F7E83004-87A9-4F87-A3EB-8DAADEC0D2EC.jpeg

I would say that is a pretty remarkable upgrade! 😲

I also think it's pretty cool that an artist, with all the stuff & skills needed for Pro level work, used Rustoleum spray paint. Bonus!!

I agree. The seat looks a bit minimal. Great for a trail ripper but this SUV may need a bit of cush for the tush.....

I would say that is a pretty remarkable upgrade! 😲

I also think it's pretty cool that an artist, with all the stuff & skills needed for Pro level work, used Rustoleum spray paint. Bonus!!

I agree. The seat looks a bit minimal. Great for a trail ripper but this SUV may need a bit of cush for the tush.....
Thanks! I looked at the practicality of it all. A pint of red paint these days, runs about 150-175 bucks. Half of it goes into the air on these things. So I have found the rustoleum to be the best of the spray bomb BS, It is still level sanded then topcoated with Matte clear. I do use high end Direct to Metal primer surfacer, which provides a great base and modest filler work in surface imperfections.

I am thinking a B66 would be a nice upgrade, but have my eyes on a few different lightly sprung saddles.

Thanks for the tips! I was thinking of the same saddle. Have one on my Mead & love it!

I have felt Rustoleum is a bit better than others as well. I've had good results with Duplicolor products also.

Great seeing you today and check out your creations! 😲 Man, you got skills brother! :cool:

I've had that seat for a few years and this is the first bike I like it on. I like the scale with this bike and the color looks great as well. I've always wanted to dye it black which would also look good on your bike since the grips & seat bag are black as well as pinstripes & graphics. Conundrum......

It rides great as well!! Thanks for letting me take it for a spin! I can definitely see all day rides while being fully equipped would be a breeze. However, in all fairness I must admit my vote in this competition may have been influenced with said ride.

Again, in all fairness, I think I will need to arrange riding all of the other bikes in the competition to erase any appearance of trying to persuade a judge.:grin:

Personally, I think you have a winner!! Nice work!:113:

Great seeing you today and check out your creations! 😲 Man, you got skills brother! :cool:

I've had that seat for a few years and this is the first bike I like it on. I like the scale with this bike and the color looks great as well. I've always wanted to dye it black which would also look good on your bike since the grips & seat bag are black as well as pinstripes & graphics. Conundrum......

It rides great as well!! Thanks for letting me take it for a spin! I can definitely see all day rides while being fully equipped would be a breeze. However, in all fairness I must admit my vote in this competition may have been influenced with said ride.

Again, in all fairness, I think I will need to arrange riding all of the other bikes in the competition to erase any appearance of trying to persuade a judge.:grin:

Personally, I think you have a winner!! Nice work!:113:
Thanks bro. Appreciate it. You have been a great inspiration and help with the ability to get my hands on a real frame to measure and observe. Couldn’t have done it with out that. It certainly wouldn’t have come out as nice. I’m going to wait a bit before I call it good. I have a few other things to take care of on it yet. The bar needs to be attended to….

Really love how this one came together!
What an excellent and cool build!!!!!

Latest posts

Back