1938 Schwinn La Salle (Cleaned up nice! Pictures added)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Picked this up this morning. Nice OG paint. Locking fork.

Was originally used as a Western Union bike in Birmingham!

zagygasy.jpg

vese9eju.jpg

pete3yhu.jpg

My '38 catalog shows that as a model BA 97 Double Bar Roadster. It shows it with cross braced bars and a Schwinn neck instead of the Wald #5 you have. Your bars and neck might be original to the bike though. Black was the standard color and red and blue were optional colors. Also shows it with ivory head tube and darts. Gary

My '38 catalog shows that as a model BA 97 Double Bar Roadster. It shows it with cross braced bars and a Schwinn neck instead of the Wald #5 you have. Your bars and neck might be original to the bike though. Black was the standard color and red and blue were optional colors. Also shows it with ivory head tube and darts. Gary

This is badged La Salle so would Chicago Cycle Company be the one who decided how they wanted it? Even if it went against what's in the Schwinn catalog?

Not sure how all that worked back then

Back then, I'm sure if you did enough volume with Schwinn, they'd build it to your specs. Within reason, of course. Chicago Cycle Supply was definitely big. Like I said above, those parts could very well be factory. Gary

Back then, I'm sure if you did enough volume with Schwinn, they'd build it to your specs. Within reason, of course. Chicago Cycle Supply was definitely big. Like I said above, those parts could very well be factory. Gary

Awesome. Thanks Gary, I always appreciate your knowledge on Schwinn!

Latest posts

Back