194? packard

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a friend of mine found this on his front lawn the other day so he brought it in to me. It's an older than 1948 schwinn packard can't find the exact year it's in pretty good shape for what it is. I can't decide what i want to do with it. is it worth anything on the market? one thing for sure i've been looking for a hairpin seat for to long so whether or not i sell, part out, or keep seat is staying with me. well let me know what you think

PIC-0019.jpg

PIC-0020.jpg

Skip tooth sprocket, with a "modern" (sorta) rim! They really do work together! ..........It only rains "cats and dogs" up here, not bikes. :lol:

I would say its prewar maybe 39 even due to the drop stand and I doubt if it has later wheels they are probably early schwinn drop centers
love the skirt lacing holes
cleaned up and with the correct balloon tires on it its a decent priced bike and somewhat desireable
I love it :)

Some guys have all the luck. Nice bike. I found a soccer ball, a half full 5 gal. bucket of exterior satin latex paint and a pylon in my front yard. I had a guy who kept putting tag sale signs in my front yard pointing up the road to where his house was. Unknown to me, my wife kept ripping it out and chucking it across the street in the woods. Later while I was cutting my front grass he came back with the sign and an attitude and tried to put it back. We almost had a fight. I told him if he just would have asked there would be no problem. Now there was, beat it. That's what I get in my front yard.

The only thing I find in my yard is what the dogs leave after their owners walk them. I have looked at them alot and none look like a bicycle. :D

Carefully clean it and put it back right. It would be a sin to part a bike that has made it this long in semi-original shape.

Back