1940? schwinn ratty truck kustom ALL DONE PICS ARE UP!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Karfy, u said u had a pic of it after u changed somthing.

of what ricky ? the ratty truck well if so mike is going to help me out with the pics hopefully by the end of the week.

Looking great...

That's the hottest Truck I have ever seen...

But, but, but no basket? not even a scaled back custom or removable? or a custom wood 'flat deck' out front?

A cycle truck is of no use if it can't carry at least 48 cans of beer... :wink:

you are not the first person to say that and if i had some more time i probably would make something up for it. but due to the events of the last week it is going to be a mad dash just to get her striped then take the final pics. thanks for the compliments and sensor i hope you dont think i was dogging your bike it is really cool and to each his or her own thats why i love these bikes so much you can make your bike what YOU want!.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: wahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
im soo insulted!!! nah i dont mind at all.just been busy my work is folding tommorow and ive beeh trying to get my box,tools, etc. out before the doors close for good. ill probably take a drive tomorrow to check that ratty truck out.

kool got my buddy to drop her back off at the shop after i went to the club meeting last night. maybe i will bring in the lucky 7 for you to check out too. and mike said he would take some updated pics of the bike as well. almost there just in time. get your lunch money ready.

Re: 1940? schwinn ratty truck kustom new pics 11/05/07

NEW PICS!! - took these for Karfo today. His 'puter is crappin out.

Check out the new tail lamp and grips. This thing just keeps gettin meaner!

rattytruck003.jpg

rattytruck019.jpg

rattytruck016.jpg

rattytruck006.jpg

rattytruck018.jpg

rattytruck009.jpg

well i can tell you all that this bike is completely ridable!! went down today and got some things for my sons bike and karfer let me take the ratty truck out for a spin. its not uncomfortable(im 6'), handles great, and looks even better! cant wait to see it with pins though

That bell is the SHIIAT! That's a really good idea fo someone without gears that wants a suicide shifter! I'm going to have to steal that one!

thanks sensor once you get gramps done let me know i am trying to get a second sat cruiser ride going in sac interested? and hey vixsan thanks about the bell it works really well but the trick is to find something that is not too long or heavy. if you take a look at earlier pics you will see my first attempt that just did not work right. the light mount you see here is version 2.0 as the first one failed when i went bouncing over the railroad tracks. lucky the glass lens (that is already cracked) did not shatter. i shortened the clip on bars and found a set of nice original green glitter grips. now you can see the remington 223 shell (misfit43) for helping me with the pics. she is allllmost there.

Re: 1940? schwinn ratty truck kustom new pics 11/17/07

I made my own bell-shifter! :D parts; 1 old bell, 2bults, 6 washers, 2 nuts, piece of aluminum and an old door-knob! I think it kame out great ant it works perfect!
Musclebike010.jpg

sorry for the crap pic, it's indoors and the lights are wierd!

nice job on the bell how does it work? i think part of my problem was i used a rod that was too heavy. i think i am going to change the arm that is on it now because to me it looks a little too much like it is from an erector set. the knob i used is from the early 50's i was told and is made of bakolite. i am going to go to the hardware store today to see what i can find.

it works great, the rod is heavy but it's in the start position and falls back to it when you use it! Its pretty thin aluminum so I'm scared it will bend, so I think I'll have to make a sturdier one!

well found a cool looking brass colored curtian rod today that should work nicely for the bell rod. time to rip grind and burn.

Man, this thing is so freakin RAT it ain't even funny. I hope everybody remembers this is a RAT ROD build-off when they cast their votes, cause if this don't win I'm switchin to gold-plated lowriders.

thanks boneshaker you hit the nail on the head with what i was trying to do with this bike. when i started i knew that what made this frame cool was the ratty original paint, the way that the schwinn cross on the seat post tube is almost unreadable. i love patina and this frame has been knocked over a few times already and i just laugh and say woo hoo more patina! painted bikes are great too but for those of you who know how my bikes are normally much more shinny i think i like it this way much better. just you all wait till you see her with the pinstripping done.

lol sensor the final pics will be taken tomorrow night and i will have them up probably tues day. not sure if any of my friends got pics of the ride but it was really fun. i dig that pixie you did for your son very nice. not sure if i am going to have time to finish the bell arm off. i started it on sat night but got busy with other things i had to deal with. i think you will all dig what has been done since the last pics now that she is striped and i even broke down and polished the wheels a bit :shock:

okay if you havent got the arm finished yet heres an easy way... brake line!!!(its light bends fairly well and of course a beer tap for the knob on top) nah just kidding.. im sure itll be great. heck, i was to lazy to cut and polish my aluminum wheels so i just swapped em for some chrome balloons i had( my excuse is there wider :mrgreen: ) yeah doesnt it stink when life gets in the way of fun things................

Latest posts

Back