1940? schwinn ratty truck kustom ALL DONE PICS ARE UP!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1940? schwinn ratty truck kustom new pics 11/17/07

yea wellll my excuse was i was "busy." that is code for "sat night we had our one year anniversary at the shop and adam had too many beers to see straight to drill the holes :oops: . that brake line idea sounds interesting i think i have some in the garage after i finish posting stuff here i am going to go out and see what i can round up. was thinking of making one with a loop de loop in it anyways.

i know im hijack here but any chance you or any one or the shop might have a set of b6 streamliner forks(not the springers the flat blade with the truss supports and truss rods)? paint color and condition dont matter

and dont ya hate it when fun gets in the way of life :mrgreen:

no sorry i wish but i will take a look anyways. i know all the stashes of parts in the back since i was the one that put them there. but sometimes i out do myself and forget where i stashed stuff lol. see sometimes we let guys go in the back when it is real busy and look for stuff and there are some parts i want to make sure go to the right people who really apreciate them. your one of those guys so i will take a look.

so you saying you have a schwinn b6? i want i want lol. cant wait for tomorrow the finished pics are going to be very cool all i can say is they will involve fire :mrgreen:

Re: 1940? schwinn ratty truck kustom ALL DONE PICS LOADING

finally shes all done loading pics now. unfortunatly that will take awhile because i am over at my parents house uploading and typing this. see someone decided to kick in the door at my house yesterday and take my lab top computer. i tell ya this has not been a good month for me between the truck getting towed my old comp dying, this new comp getting stollen as well as a few other problems that i wont get into this has been one stressfull month. whew now that i got that off my chest i have a list of thanks that i have to get out. this bike would not have been possible with out the help of a few close friends

college cyclery mainly my boss for putting up with the mess i make and giving me the tail light as well as bailling my truck out when she got taken
thor for heling out with the striping he has a better hand at it than i do
my co workers dean, ike, joe, and bret for understanding the zanny building proccess that went into this one and particularly bret for shooting the stunning final photos for me.
to my buddy lorren for comming in and insisting that he spin the cool custom fork top caps
to pony for trading me the 2 spd bendex green band hub used in the ratty truck

FINALLY to all you my fellow rat rod brothers and sisters who have kept my spirits up duing this build and even to the critics all i say is get yo lunch money ready the ratty truck is comm'in !

Re: 1940? schwinn ratty truck kustom ALL DONE PICS COMMING

Very cool build Karfer...hey I am going to be in Sac at UC Davis next Tuesday so how close is that to College Cyclery I would like to come by
and check out the shop and meet you face to face....do I ask for Karfer ?

Mark

"See someone decided to kick in the door at my house yesterday and take my lap top computer."

That bites- I hate thieves. I just had my truck broken into and they stole my CD player. The best part is they cut the wiring harness right at the back of the unit instead of unplugging it. Proving that thieves are STUPID as well as being dirtbags.
I hope your month turns around for the better. Looking forward to pics of the Ratty Truck.

sorry bout your loss man, me and you should have a bad luck contest karfer :(

as for the cycle truck and my lunch money, im hiding mine :mrgreen:

what can i say........... :shock: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
hmmmmm maybe ill take the bike to the shop and shoot afew myself..........jk
turned out great but not im gonna stripe my light now..........was gonna do that with cream center and red surrounding with center long and 2 shorter on the outside :cry:

Oh man...professional photos!!!.....they are incredible!!!

The shot with the torch is blowing me away.

lol all i can do about the comp is laugh i guess. it could have been worse because the lucky 7 was sitting in the living room when whoever it was broke in and did the deed. that is why i think it was the same person maybe they thought it would be bad juju to take her again. as for the ratty truck well it helps to know a photographer that knows what he is doing. i cant thank bret enough for taking his time on his day off to help me out with the pics. and ike (the guy with the torch in the back) i really wanted him in the pics because he just has the right look not my skinny self. sorry that the pics did not fit i told him 1024 by 768 or so because that is photobucket's max. but on here i guess that does not fit :oops:

thanks again for all the kind words this build in particular means a lot to me and you are all literally seeing my heart and soul layed out for this build like none i have done before. i spent many a time with the bike out side just looking at it thinking "is it really done? then someone would comment on a part how to change it and everytime it was something that i inside wanted to change like the handle bars. my buddy dean did not like the transperant green grips and the way the clip ons bent down. so i tossed on the glitter grips and shortened the clips a bit so they were straight. not only do i like it better and now you can see the 22 cal bar end plugs but it is much more comfortable to ride. and on the turkey day ride there was a point where we turned a street and went the wrong way. :shock: well i was near the front of the group when we turned and i was faced with two on comming cars. they slowed down a bit but i split them knowing how narrow my bike was and kept on truck'in

ccr- yea i know it seems like you and i are in a sort of contest of our own but neither of us wants to win at that one i just want life to be normal and right for awhile.

schwinnspastic- sure it is a hop skip and a jump to college from there the shop is at 2760 21 st do a mapquest you will find it and oh yea ask for adam and if you call or come in and first talk to a guy with an ausie accent make sure you call him pepe first it is an inside joke lol.

bmxerpete- thanks for the words at this point all i can do is laugh about it and carry on i guess. karma will find them and i think this is the same person who stole the lucky 7 the first time so thou shalt be brought down upon with great vengance.

sensor- well it helps to have a co worker that knows his way around a camera again thanks bret. as for your bike i dig it and i know that you were not trying to copy what i did at all. heck yours is the real deal mine is just a made over seas copy in the end. hey you gonna come on the second sat ride?

rat rod- thanks steve yea that is my co worker ike working the torch i pled with him to stay late to help me out just because he looks better in the shots. and oh yea he can really toss down a mean braze as well.

W :shock: W!!!!!!!!!!! what else can i say..........W :shock: W
sorry to hear about your laptop.......man i should lend you my dog!!!!!!! guess if it wasnt for bad luck.......
again great bike! (never even noticed the casings in the grips before) :mrgreen:

there you are mike i wondered where you had been i was about to call you was worried. thanks for the support heck in my thanks i forgot to mention you with out you helping me out with the pics up to the final ones i dont think the ratty truck would have made it with out ya.

thanks sensor one thing when you look at all of my bikes is i love little things. stuff where you can look at the bike more than once and see a new thing each time. in this build i tried to do a lot of that like the bar end plugs, the trick one of "green band" two speed bendex hub, the black and green spoke nipples, the brass screws used in the brass clamps rather than just steel. i really tried to push this build as i said before and i think it shows and as anyone who i blasted by at the turkey day ride can attest she ain't slow either.

oh yea and sensor i have three dogs a pit, a german short hair pointer and a mini pin. first off all three were locked in the bedroom and second the two big dogs are useless guard dogs and the mini pin all she would do is bite an anckle. i think it is someone i know anyways that already knows the dogs.

karfer67 said:
when you look at all of my bikes is i love little things. stuff where you can look at the bike more than once and see a new thing each time. in this build i tried to do a lot of that like the bar end plugs, the trick one of "green band" two speed bendex hub, the black and green spoke nipples, the brass screws used in the brass clamps rather than just steel. .

I found another one. The little green light bulbs.

Great job on all the details, they helped to pull it all together. This is a bike that definately has a cool factor than no other bike will have.

see i forgot some things myself that i have done to her. and the offer still stands for anyone who wants to come by college and take her for a spin :D ohhhhhh 20 some hrs left the susspense is killing me

I so wish I could come by for a ride. I just looked at college's website. Looks like a great shop. Nothing like that in Boise. All for Roadies and MTB's.

Latest posts

Back