1940 Western Flyer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Recently acquired this 1940 Western Flyer.
It should clean up nicely.
s498nt.jpg

1191mad.jpg

2vwuyc0.jpg

8wmck4.jpg

2yxi2hg.jpg

9r22o4.jpg

10xgbvr.jpg

2hfop75.jpg

Last edited:
Very cool find.
Could put it in the build off, wipe some oil on it and call it done.

Good find , those bars are sweet looks like a comfy ride [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slick CWC-framed bike you've got there. I think you may be a little off on the date, though. Looks like immediately post-war to me...maybe '46-'48.

Slick CWC-framed bike you've got there. I think you may be a little off on the date, though. Looks like immediately post-war to me...maybe '46-'48.
I really have no idea regarding the date. The guy I bought the Western Flyer from is fairly knowledgeable about bicycles. He told me 1940, so that's what I went with.
It's a nice ride. Rode it five miles tonight. It's like a locomotive. Takes awhile to get it rolling, but once rolling, it rolls right along.

Kinda like a nice old Cadillac.

Nice ride! Looks just like the CWC I had that was Coppertooth. When I asked about the date of manufacture, The experts then said the curved downtube was probably late 46 or early 47. Before that CWC used a straight downtube was what I was told. My chain guard and fenders were identical to yours, and the second brace on the rear fender was for the basic models that didn't come with a rear rack. Except for the sweetheart chain ring and curved handlebars, same bike as yours. My front wheel also matched yours with the pinstripe, but my rear wheel wasn't original. Both of yours probably are.
coppertooth 005 - Copy.JPG

Latest posts

Back