1948 ROADMASTER 1930S HAWTHORNE & PREWAR FRAMES

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Heres a few Fresh finds That I have recently found ....

1948 Roadmaster & Hawthorne Bike
DSC00277.jpg

1930s Hawthorne Bike This is likely going to be used for parts ..
DSC00267.jpg

here are some prewar frames

DSC00298.jpg

Zep Frame I have no idea what its is though ?
DSC00301-1.jpg

Nice finds! :D A Luxury Liner is on my list of "Bikes I Will Own" :mrgreen:

Hi! You said those were dual headlights - they look like "Winners", are they? My '36 is a Hawthorne and I've never seen what type of light the Hawthornes used on the '36, only the Roadmasters. So right now there is a Winner on the front fender of mine - they are one of my favorites. It doesn't look like it has the curved crank arms like the Roadmaster Supreme but still a fantastic bike. I'd like to see what the bracket looks like for the Dual Lights. Great find. Robert

The Luxury Liner dates between 1950 and early 1954. The Hawthorne is a Snyder built model for 1939/1940. Both Cleveland Welding and Snyder produced a girl’s Zep for Wards in 1938 and those bikes were similar but with discernable differences. The CWC model was dropped after 1938 but a modified version of the 1938 Snyder bike continued in production for a while. The frame difference is the delete of the second, lower cross brace in the frame for 39/40 and a number of accessory and sheet metal changes. The stock catalog illustration shows one torpedo light on the fender so the twin winners are likely custom on this bike…a whole lotta lightin goin on.

Latest posts

Back