1949 B F Goodrich

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I don't know if I want too rat this out or restore it.
DSCN0165.jpg

DSCN0166.jpg

DSCN0167.jpg

DSCN0168.jpg

DSCN0169.jpg

DSCN0170.jpg

for now I'd go this route spray whole bike w/ rust into primer spray it will kill the rust tone down[darken slightly] the faded paint then HOT/RAT ROD IT example:

ratbike.jpg
8) 8) 8) 8)
but then again It's youre bike do as you wish :)

hit it with some meguiars paint cleaner to see the original color before making any decisions

mastershake916 said:
Clean the internals and ride it!

EXACTLY I LOVE THIS BIKE AS IS!! and as hooch said unrestored is more valuable then restored..

I'd be inclined to give this one a good cleaning, a tune up, and then leave it be. The bike looks to be reasonably complete, a bit of a time capsule so to speak. While a first rate resto is not to be underestimated, there's something to said about machinery that wears it's age well. The old Schwinn paint and chrome is very good quality - you may be surprised at how well it cleans up :D

This one's too nice for ratting. Complete, original bikes are a finite resource. When they're gone, they're gone.

Besides, there are plenty of truly beat vintage bikes out there that can benefit much more from the ratter's touch.

Just my 2 cents worth.

-Mp

I would Find a second set of 26 buy 2.125 Rims..
Paint them Red...
add WWW Tires...

Put The Stock Rims on The Wall in The Garage and it's DONE!
I wouldn't do anything to The Beautiful Patina on That Time Machine.

it's an Awesome Bike,
peace,
Kev.

Re: 1949 B F Goodrich Updated

Well I finally got some time to play around with the Goodrich. Cleaned, greased and changed a few things. What do you all think?
005-85.jpg

001-82.jpg

002-89.jpg

003-94.jpg

006-83.jpg

004-92.jpg

007-81.jpg

011-66.jpg

010-67.jpg

009-76.jpg

008-79.jpg

I still have some work to do, taking off reflective tape on forks, cleaning crank and rebuilding the pedals.

Back