1952 Monark Super Cruiser parts bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After the build off the hard work isn't done, no sirree Bob. All of them primo ratty parts that I used left gaps in my parts stash and now the chore becomes building the stash back up. This hasn't been a good year for finding good parts mules so when this one popped up for sale I jumped on it like a duck on a June bug. Couch Taters Spud & Kustom demands the rattiest of ratty parts.

1952 Monark Super Cruiser of the step through variety. 50% of a full set of deep fenders and a bent springer were the siren song that called my name.

20220924_165309.jpg

You like big honking reflectors? Well at Couch Taters Spud & Kustom we do too.

20220924_164816.jpg

Uber rare un-obtainium pedals. Mmmmm-hmmmm.

20220924_164956.jpg

20220924_165017.jpg

Headbadge to be proud of.

20220924_165113.jpg

Bent springers are all the rage, they give the illusion of speed.

20220924_165210.jpg

VIN tag, barely legible. It's legit.

20220924_130222.jpg

This bad boy is going to be the lucky recipient of some of these parts, the rest will be bolted on to whatever my sick, twisted, rat infested mind dictates.

Firestone2.jpg

Great score! Those wheelsets and cranks are always nice too.

The wheels are a big bonus. I'm going to be building a Nexus 3 speed coaster setup for the Firestone and these look like they will clean up nice. I think they are Lobdell.

The wheels are a big bonus. I'm going to be building a Nexus 3 speed coaster setup for the Firestone and these look like they will clean up nice. I think they are Lobdell.

Yeah, I think they usually are Lobdell. Excellent rims to build up from for sure.

I’ll bet you could unbend that springer.
I'm going to remove the fork tomorrow and give it the eyeball. Usually, from what I've seen, the Monark springers bend in the center of the tube. If so, it should be easy to straighten on the shop press.

Do u know why some had Two springs and some had one spring? I always thought ladies bikes had one spring and mens had two. I have a ladies with one spring. But your ladies has two.
That sounds like Dr Seuss.

Do u know why some had Two springs and some had one spring? I always thought ladies bikes had one spring and mens had two. I have a ladies with one spring. But your ladies has two.
That sounds like Dr Seuss.
I don't know the answer for that. From what I've seen the single spring was used on both genders frames and are also pretty uncommon.

Today I gutted the old girl like an opening day trout. For what I paid, it is a wealth of parts.

The bend in the springer is pretty much as I expected it to be. It should be an easy fix on the press. I'll set it up on V blocks and go easy with it. The outer section is arrow straight so I lucked out on that. I have no plans on which frame I'll use it on but I'll go ahead and give it some rehab for future use so it is ready to go. The bushings are unsuprisingly shot so I'll machine a set of polyurethane swaybar end link bushings to fit. There are plenty of good quality Monark repop springers on the market but I like the process of rehabbing vintage parts.

20220925_134747.jpg

20220925_134756.jpg

Latest posts

Back