1956 JC Higgins ? Has Super Jet on the white Grips

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I am new to the forum and trying to figure out what the model is of the bike I was given. It is made by JC Higgins and has e following serial number M20? 502 4534. Also has I 78 504. It looks like the one that Dr. Tankenstein is working on but mine has white pedals and grips and it says Super Jet on the handle bar grips. I have not had any luck searching online to figure out what this gem is. I would like to ride it. Just missing the rack and the headlight. Not sure how to post a photo of the bike here.
Appreciate any help.
Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome dude! I'm not familiar with that model, Google only had one hit and the pic didn't show much. If you can post some shots of yours, we can go from there. How complete is yours?

Cheers,
Dr. T

Here are some pictures
gesa5yny.jpg
ra4eru2u.jpg
7yba6yvu.jpg
8e9e9ary.jpg
ebu9uha5.jpg

This is the bike my uncle gave me. I think it is missing the light and rack. Any ideas what this bike is?

That's the exact same bike I have. The grips and pedals have been replaced. The rack shouldn't be hard to find. I'm currently stripping mine, I'll take pics and post them to my build thread. The light is another matter, they are a little harder to find. I searched eBay for over a year before landing mine. The bike appears in the 1956 Sears Christmas catalog. Check my build for a pic.

My bike may be more complete, but your paint is WAY nicer.

Gonna post an update to mine later tonight.

Cheers,
Dr. T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the serial number it is a 1956. And the grips and pedals are original according to my uncle who gave me the bike.

Back