1956 Schwinn Racer Finished Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I thought I was going to take nicer pictures of this, but that's not looking good so I'll post up the finished thread and get on with other things...

I bought it because the front fender has a fin on it. That's only a slight exageration, I've been looking for a 1962 Schwiin on and off for a while but when this one caught my eye I finally bought something and rebuilt everything on it.
Racer_6863.JPG

Build thread is here
https://ratrodbikes.com/threads/1956-schwinn-racer.116774/
The seat is too high in that picture, the frame is a size too small for me but I can ride it with no issues. Before this was done I found a 1962 Racer in the right size... or the remains of one anyway. It's a single speed frame though so the search continues for the perfect '62 Schwinn...

Here are a couple more pictures of the '56.

Racer_6861.JPG
Racer_6860.JPG

You'll have to go to the build thread to see the before/during photos. It wasn't built with an intention/expectation of winning anything, I just thought it'd be fun to finally have an older three speed to bomb around on. I had thoughts of maybe restoring it when I first got it, but have decided it's going to be a survivor instead. No shame in it's dents and scrapes! I'll restore something else someday.

Great city bikes. I always loved the Racer lettering.

Latest posts

Back