1962 Schwinn 2 Speed Kickback Hub

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Recently made some nice cash on a trek Cruiser and used part of the proceeds to but this bike. Other than the rattle can spray ain't job, it is complete and in really good condition. Trying to figure out the model but having no luck so far. The chain guard had something that ends in "er". Can you guys offer some assistance?

Got the bike at a pretty good price. I'm wondering if I should do the flip or work on it and then flip. I know these kick back hubs are pricey on EBay. Wondering what the value of bike is.

Last edited:
Did you ID it by the serial number? That chain guard doesn't look like any listed in the 62 catalog for a cantilever style frame. It looks like a Traveler chain guard, from a diamond style frame.

Last edited:
Don't know to make images larger. You have to have an Imageshack account to view full size. Anyhow, found the serial number which is H219487 and it is a 1962 Schwinn but it does not tell me model. From everything I have seen, it is a Skipper. Now, I need to figure out its worth.

It let me download and open the pics without an account.

Is the fender chrome? Skipper's had chrome fenders that year. Your chain guard is chrome then that's not proving it's a skipper, it's a Traveler chain guard. If the chain guard was changed out, then there's no telling. It would be the same frame of any of the models, as Schwinn used that same frame for all the cruiser style bikes. What model it is won't make any real difference in it's worth, but the 2 speed is a big plus.

Unfortunately, someone broke out a can of rattle spray paint and went town on it. I am not going to spend the cash to have it powder coated. Another rattle can is in its future. What this bike has going for it is the two speed hub and the fact that it is that aside from the paint, it really is in excellent condition.

Latest posts

Back