1963 Schwinn American Deluxe from craigslist today!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I was checking out Craigslist today and this bike popped up for sale, "old Schwinn boy's bike $50.00". 3 minutes later, I was on the phone asking the lady to hold on to it until 4:30 when I got off work. She promised that she would and I spent the next 3 hours thinking that someone would offer her more money to sell it before I got there! So, I saw, I paid, I thanked her!!

A 1963 Schwinn American Deluxe serial #F360805 = 6/24/1963
00153.JPG

00338.JPG

It is missing the tank and headlight, and the fenders are fairly rough. Everything else is in good shape though.
00531.JPG

The rack and all of the chrome should clean up fairly well. And, check it out...a 2 speed kickback hub!!
00246.JPG

I sure hope that these S-7 rims clean up, they are dead true!
00439.JPG

I know that I paid just $9.95 less than 1963 catalog price for this bike, but I don't think that I got hurt too badly on the deal. I mean, it does have a fresh set of tires on it too. Should I feel guilty, after all, I didn't even try to get her down any on the price!:dance2:

That takes the slim tank that hangs on clips. You should be able to find one of those no problem. Not sure which headlight that one came with. Nice find for $50. Send that lady some flowers. Gary

Latest posts

Back