1964 Schwinn Traveler

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up a 64 Traveler over lunch. Pretty original, raidant red with most of the paint worn off of the chrome chainguard. Neat O.S. Schwinn details like the seat tube decal sauing Arnold Schwinn & Co. Chicago, IL.

Bendix coaster on S-5's, original Schwinn non-reflector bows, chrome seat clamp, mint seat, finned front fender...

Looks like it would have had the Sunburst - foil / holographic headbadge but somebody peeled it off. Original grips gone, but pretty straight overall. Good price too. Will probably steal the bows and pass it along - rode it away!

62traveler.jpg

Bummer about the headbadge being messed up, but it sounds like a cool bike nonetheless.

Looking forward to a few pics. :wink:

I could...but it looks way more red in the photos than it is. It's very much bleached out and pink looking, which I have no problem with, but I have to prioritize...the pink bike probably won't make it. I see a sis-in-law or niece on it very soon...

I do like the very stripped down look of your Varsity and the fenders are dented...hmmm. :wink:

Back