1966 Columbia 10 speed

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Picked it up cheap at police auction (wanted the Schwinn rear rack).
IMG_2268.JPG

It is really heavy. Serial # decodes as 1966 model. Seems before day of mountain bikes so maybe someone swapped rims?
IMG_2269.JPG

Bullmoose bars maybe good tho ratty.
IMG_2271.JPG

love the bullmoose bars and the overall look of this one i would say yes it was definitely pieced together at a later date but i do not know i am still learning about bikes and finding new stuff i did not know every day

Thanks, Actually a vintage klunker I guess. Really gonna have to get a weight on this the tubing must be super thick. Probably been thru heck once or twice just wish it were not banana yellow!
i agree other then the color it is really cool my suggestion would be to repaint it and maybe tweak a few things and klunk on my brother it looks to be in decent shape although the bars look a little crooked but that may be just the picture i would also check the frame for stress cracks just to be safe police auction bikes usually means they got stolen and beat badly but it has character in it's own way it says somebody loved me before i was stolen and or abandoned and i hope someone can love me again( i know sappy lol but sometimes they speak to us)
or worse case scenario you have a goldmine of parts for another build either way it is a decent bike

i agree other then the color it is really cool my suggestion would be to repaint it and maybe tweak a few things and klunk on my brother it looks to be in decent shape although the bars look a little crooked but that may be just the picture i would also check the frame for stress cracks just to be safe police auction bikes usually means they got stolen and beat badly but it has character in it's own way it says somebody loved me before i was stolen and or abandoned and i hope someone can love me again( i know sappy lol but sometimes they speak to us)
or worse case scenario you have a goldmine of parts for another build either way it is a decent bike
Right now the stem is loose so not ridable @ the moment, LOL. But I'm sure it was well loved when newer as I assume previous owner signed bike by serial number.
IMG_2272.JPG

prob would not want to repaint tho cause decals are in pretty nice shape - who knows though.

SSG
You know you may be right, I looked up the serial # on Mr. Columbia and thought it a 66.
Untitled 1.jpg

Here is a catalog page from 1976 - maybe heritage series meant wider rims and tires?

Latest posts

Back