1966 Firestone muscle bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
It isn't much and I have never been much into muscle bikes, but this one really caught my eye. I have a thing for anything Firestone and it is a 1966 model like me! Not to mention I got it from Jeff (Simpleman) who just lives a couple of towns over. Awesome guy to deal with.

gto1.jpg

gto2.jpg

My plan is to built a nice clean durable rider. I have been doing some research and found a couple of 1966 Huffy built ads and a few other pics out there floating around. The seat could be original, but I haven't found documentation that Huffy built bikes had that seat in '66.

My plans are to have it powdercoated back Coppertone, add a white or tiger polo seat, new decals, Firestone grips and streamers. Not sure about the tires. I did find a picture supposedly from 1966 showing this kid on his new "Huffy" badged bike. It is coppertone, it does have a Persons polo seat, fenders, coaster brake only and the blackwall knobby tire in the back. It seems like an exact match for my bike although I am guessing that a Firestone bike would have Firestone tires, so probably a slick. The one that is on it isn't too bad. I suppose it will come down to what I can find at the ML or AA shows later this month.
I also need a headbadge . Problem is that I have no reference to even begin to know what it looked like. All I know is that it was the screw in type and not the stick on that they used in the later 60s.

Cool little rider. Got a set of the tiger grips if you find a tiger seat.

Thanks guys...

Scott...I'll probably hit you up for some info on parts sources. I need to tear it down and start cleaning it up to see what I can save. Besides a seat, sissy bar and grips, I am pretty sure I'll need a read fender and front tire.

Cool find, rarely see the Firestone badged Huffy's! Keep the pictures flowin!

Latest posts

Back