1968 Rollfast 24" boys bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PIcked up a 24" Rollfast for $40.00. Cleaned up real nice after years of neglect. I want to go after the bearings next.
unnamed-12.jpg
unnamed-5 copy.jpg
unnamed-2.jpg
unnamed-1.jpg
unnamed-4.jpg
unnamed.jpg
I'm thinking an adult "muscle bike" with the fenders gone, better tires, high bars, and banana seat with sissy bar...

Very cool frame with the twin top tubes. I'm a sucker for doubles. That red band hub is stout too.
I know, me too! I'm thinking of an adult muscle bike thing...

Not sure where I'm going with this. Took the fenders off and I like the look. I was going to do a banana seat/sissy bar thing but now I'm thinking a layback seatpost... And although I've never been a fan of them, this would be a cool Strand Bike...
unnamed.jpg

Last edited:
Go for it and see if you like the riding style. If you don’t, sale it or change it again. That’s what I love about bikes.
My favorite bike is a 24”.
That’s a sharp looking survivor.

Not sure where I'm going with this. Took the fenders off and I like the look. I was going to do a banana seat/sissy bar thing but now I'm thinking a layback seatpost... And although I've never been a fan of them, this would be a cool Strand Bike...
Unless you are over 6'-5", the effective top tube length on those frames gives tall riders a lot of room. I had one for quite a few years and never felt the need to use a layback seatpost for my 6'-7" and longass legs. On the cusp of stripping the frame on one for a friend to do some rattlecan magic on and then I'll turn it into a 26" BMX cruiser style.

Found a seat that wasn't ripped and cleaned up REAL nice...
unnamed-4.jpg
unnamed-3.jpg
unnamed-6.jpg
unnamed-5.jpg

Was this cleanup purely soap water reconditioned the black
Or did the whole seat get rattle canned black like the bottom?
Greetings Leroy,
I painted the bottom only. The vinyl was in surprisingly good condition; I cleaned it with Dial(dishwashing liquid) and applied some "Son of a Gun"

that looks to be in great shape! I kind of like it how it is. I typically remove the fenders too. Mostly because I like to wheel bikes around the shop on the back wheel and the fenders get in the way. Cool bike!

that looks to be in great shape! I kind of like it how it is. I typically remove the fenders too. Mostly because I like to wheel bikes around the shop on the back wheel and the fenders get in the way. Cool bike!
Thanks. As a 24", it's too small for me to ride comfortably. I went through all the ideas; repainting, restoring, etc. I never had a "muscle bike" as a boy when they were hot. So, at 62, I'm finally going for it with some cost limitations. I'm hoping to make it something to cruise around the island...

Latest posts

Back