1969 girls firestone warrior middleweight with wald basket

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
ok when I was out and about I found a bicycle that I bene pondering on adding to my stable.
it appears to be a firestone warrior and judging by pictures it is a 1969 girls model.
there is some peppering on the fenders and the rear tires been replaced but the front tire is shot
the wheels turn and seem true but I have not looked at it thoroughly.
the wald basket is huge and mounted on the front.
this is the bike only not as nice but this style exact color and exact in every way exept the fenders have 2 braces.

and it has this basket on the front which is in really decent shape and looks good it is a wald basket.

he has another kids bicycle I might try to make a package deal with but I need to know what would be a decent offer for the bike with the basket if you were to buy it .
thanks
sean

ok my wife is learning quite well I was asleep and she went out early this morning and got some pics of the 2 bikes im working on getting so here they are one is the firestone warrior the other is a western flyer but I don't know anything about it anyone know what would be a good price for the pair? also anyone know what the little one might be it's really patina'd and I kind of like it but it is a kids bike I dig the training wheels and the blocks on the pedals lol

I.m not a bike ID guru at all but here are my observations. The blue bike has what looks like a AMF sprocket and general frame style to me. The little Western Flyer has Murray style rear dropouts. I don't think either are valuable but a small number of people will pay up for those old school Wald baskets.

The Warrior bike w/basket I would offer $80 the Western Flyer is a Buzz bike and probably had a banana seat on it originally. As it sits $20-30 tops.
The basket is a Wald model #157 and they are still being produced. MSRP on these is about $42 and many available new in the low $30 price range.

Latest posts

Back