1970's CB350 Flat Tracker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted a WTB ad on CL for and engine for my bobber project and I got an email from a guy who said he had a old CB350 and an extra engine for $100. I went over there this morning and saw this, a 1970's CB350 flat tracker. The guy said it was bought brandnew in 1972(? not sure) and built up as a flat tracker so it was never ridden on the street. I originally wanted something I could take the engine from for my bobber but this is too cool to take apart so I think I might just go through everything and get it running and it has pinstriping everywhere. :D :D 8)

P1000022.jpg

P1000024.jpg

P1000023.jpg

P1000027.jpg

P1000028.jpg

P1000030.jpg

P1000031.jpg

That rules right there. If it were mine (and I wish it was) I'd preserve the pinstriping and the "patina" just the way it is. Clean up the engine, restore the bits that mechanically need it....new tires....etc....and you've got an ultra cool machine.

Forget the bobber, this thing is where it's at! :D

I took the tank off and there's gold leaf on the whole top of the frame, you can kind of see it in the last picture but I still cant get any spark and all the hack job wiring isn't helping much. :cry:

killer buy! thats some classic stripe work. tommy the greek influenced. whats the painters name on top of the tank? i like the blank spot on the side cover in the "special thanks" :lol:. great piece of history my friend. good choice on keepin it as found. just bring it back to life 8)

The name on the top of the tank is Spike & Pruitt which is also on the side cover. I messed with the wiring all last night and I still can get it to spark. It has power to the plug wires when it's being kicked but I don't think it's enough to actually "spark" the plug, might be coils, condenser? (I hate electrical problems).

Here are some more pics of the gold leaf, when this was built someone spent some serious cash on all the custom paint, pinstriping. gold leaf, airbrush and they also chromed the swingarm and all the side cases.

P1000033.jpg

P1000034.jpg

I think it was wrecked then put away and never ridden again because the top triple tree is cracked on both sides and the bars are twisted.

P1000035.jpg

I started to take the front end apart to see what it needed and it looks like I need to get a new upper triple tree and a set of bars, the triple tree that was on it is off of something else but there aren't any marking on it.

P1000036.jpg

your correct about the replacement. here's the top triple tree off my cb 175.
IMG_0891.jpg

I had a 72 model CB350 back in the mid 1970's. It was the gold color. Rode it to Panama City Beach Florida once. About an 800 mi round trip in 5 or 6 days. It never wimpered or had any problems. It sure made me sore for about a month afterwards though.

I've been really busy with school lately but I have made some progress on the CB. I got a set of trees for a 80's RM85 and made a few mods to get them to fit a CB and I stripped it down a little so I can re-wire it and put on some new electrical stuff I got for it.

P1000622.jpg

P1000623.jpg

P1000624.jpg

Latest posts

Back