1974 Swingbike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is a original swingbike

DSCN0174.jpg

cool headbadge

DSCN0175.jpg

thats nice!... so my buddy has one , he told me that you can keep them moving with out pedaling ... is this true? .... either way yours is way nicer then his ....

Thanks, I don't know about the not pedaling thing. I have two of these the other one had been rattlecaned black, so i have it stripped down getting ready to repaint it. I'm thinking about putting a springer fork on it a making a swinger springer out of it. whats your opinion about that ideal?

i think the no pedaling thing works on the same theory as those kids toys they had in the 90's. it was a plastic seat with big handlebars coming from underneath that were attached to something like a skateboard truck. You could propel youself by turningback and forth and using your weight... anyone know what im talking about or what they were called?

superflygeoff said:
i think the no pedaling thing works on the same theory as those kids toys they had in the 90's. it was a plastic seat with big handlebars coming from underneath that were attached to something like a skateboard truck. You could propel youself by turningback and forth and using your weight... anyone know what im talking about or what they were called?

DUDE I HAD LIKE 10 OF THESE THINGS!! I dont remember what they were called but me and my friend next door used 2 have races.. That was a blast.. Thanks for bringing back good memories..

kenny p said:
I would do it just to say "SPRINGER SWINGER" to people! LOL

i was so going to say that ^

i forgot about thos toys ... yeah i am sure that would be how they would work....

Springer Swinger .... sounds like a 70s disco crossed with a trampoline

Back