1976 Raleigh sports women's

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I saw this and didn't see a rear handbrake, so I took a chance that it was a 3 speed with coaster. I have been looking for a good wheelset for my men's raleigh frame and I hoped these wheels and parts were in good shape. Well, of course they were, it's a women's bike. Even has the original tires with no cracking. The owner tried to jack the price up, but I'm getting used to that here in Jacksonville. I still got it for a lot less than the wheels are worth.

23w6vd4.jpg

Dusty goodness. Are you just going to part out the rest?

How was the Phillipines? We just had a staff Sailor lose his wife over there to a motorcycle accident and another lose a son over there... I don't know the details yet. Very sad. Hopefully your trip was much more joyful.

I'll use a lot of that bike on my raleigh project. The wheels are perfect and all the chrome is good. Only the paint has rusty areas. I'll let you know what's left over. I need to find some british racing green spray paint. I've looked through much of the store paints, nothing like that color. Also, these raleigh sports frames will handle a 26 x 1.75 wheel and tire. A single speed coaster brake hub works great. The handbrake won't reach, like on my bike here. But I've waited for a good set of wheels to put it back original, or better. I should do a build thread, but it's just piecing it together, no fabrication.

2h4by21.jpg

Sorry to hear about the tragedies there in the Philippines. My trip was good, but not all for fun, I did have a lot of family time there that was much needed. I'll try to visit every year until I retire there for good.

They weren't original tires, but they are high pressure and like new. The wheels and everything are in great shape and I have just a few adjustments to do, but this is what I ride to work now, my English Racer.

25z3reo.jpg

Latest posts

Back