1983 Jamis BOSS BMX Cruiser 5 Speed

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
80's goodness 8)

IMGP1856.jpg

IMGP1869.jpg

IMGP1866.jpg

IMGP1862.jpg

IMGP1857.jpg

IMGP1861.jpg

IMGP1858.jpg

IMGP1855.jpg

Hey Rat Rod-
Just a CL find. Did some research on Jamis, The Earth Cruiser, and Boss Cruiser. Thier successes were primarily due to good market place time entry - catching the '78-'82 cruiser craze. It's got some cool specs. Other than that - completely stock. Serial numbers are easy to date on these with an "83" clearly marked.

Specs
anodized rims
MX style BOSS labled brakes
STAR BMX levers
Snake Belly tires
Looptail frame
Jamis BMX stem
Original Cheeks Cruiser seat
Suntour thumb shifter, derailleur, and cassette
Suntour style seat clamp

Thanks GSCs! Yeah, actually selling this one on flea bay to finance the next build - more 80's goodness - 26" Webco BMX Cruiser

I bought a Jamis Boss Cruiser 5 frame and fork at at bicycle swap meet this summer in Lincoln Ne. I added some Electra Fattio 24 x 3 on it just to see if I liked it. I've been asked if it's for sale many times this summer. It's a keeper. Yours is a awesome find and thanks for showing it to us. Gary

Sold the BOSS a while back. Wish I still had it. Isn't that how it goes? :)
BUT.....I just picked up a 26" 1984 Ross Diamond Cruiser - Very similar to the BOSS with actually some nicer parts including Made in the USA lugged frame and BMX fork, Dia-compe Levers, Weinmann 1020 and 1080 brakes, Weinmann 26x1.75 made in Belgium (when they were considered nice) rims, Takagi Three Arrows Sprocket, Shimano EM thumb shifter, Round Cat-Eye reflectors, etc. It def screams 80's cruiser. Looking forward to the restore on this one! Will share pics when I get around to it!

Latest posts

Back