1995 GT Vertigo BMX

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Tried to flip the script a little.........not finding any good deals for Cruisers on CL so I bought an older BMX bike. It is a 1995 GT Vertigo BMX bike that I got pretty cheap. The guy lost his job and gave me a nice deal on the bike. Looks to be in pretty good shape and it is definitely Old Skool. I guess I will find out if it has any real value when I list it on CL

What do you guys think?

I think it will go for a little more than that. I have already had some interest. Because of the type of bike a BMX is, it is hard to value. Certain brands have better reputations than others and GT is certainly one of them.

This bike turned out to be a very profitable venture. Doubled my money on it and it sold in two days. Had several other people call and inquire about it.

Two things I learned:

1). Bike Blue Book does not mean squat, and

2). Ebay is a much better indicator but you need to apply a hefty discount for CL.

My bike guy is an old BMX rider and I asked him about the bike. He gave me some good insight on what the bike was worth and told me he would buy it if he could.

From now on I will be looking at vintage BMX bikes to flip as well as cruisers.

Last edited:
The only issue with that around me. Everybody seems to be doing it and asking stupid money (that I cant even afford)

I was picking up bmx bikes to clean and make a little money.

If I got a rare one in the mix and I deemed it a keeper then I would.

I've ended up with quiet a collection but even the cheaper newer stuff people say well it is not worth that.

I've got one I've had for a while. I've lowered the price twice and I get the well I can buy a new one at walmart for twice that price.

That pretty much applies to everything on CL. Price you get is dependent upon the, pitch, the market, and the asking price. I found a really nice GT Interceptor but it is way out in the boonies. I offered him a fair price but he is holding out for a lot more. The posting is almost a month old. Sometimes you run into these people. If the go and buy cheap Chinese crap at WalMart, then they get what they get. I have to admit I bought this crap when my kids were younger by now that I know a little more about bikes, I would rather buy something used rather than these cheap bikes.

Latest posts

Back