2 old schwinns

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Picked up this pair of Schwinns this AM.

This straight bar is completely seized up and badly pitted. this one is just going to hang on the side of my shed/shop. I've been wanting to hang a cool bike out there for a while. BFG badge and that's about all that is noteworthy about it.

The Jaguar is in better shape. rear wheel is off a Higgins but at least I have a set of Typhoon cord tires I can put on it. might just swap both wheels out if I have something kicking around. Bars are wrong, missing the rear brake and the tank has a hole in it. kind of a cool bike but not a keeper.

It looks like the Jag has aluminum bars. Those are nice. That old Hornet looks like it has seen a few NH winters outdoors. The original Ruff Cycle. Gary

yes, the bars on the jag are aluminum but they seem narrow for a boys bike. The Hornet may have been in a swamp or something, but the color will look great on the shed! just need to get the fascia, soffit and battens installed so I can hang it up.

Latest posts

Back