2 schwinns 1955-1956

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a nice deal. I was watching one of those original knee action forks on eBay, about as nice but in the original brick red color, and it went for something in the order of $180 :shock:

spitfire.jpg

schwinn%20ladies.jpg

The girls bike is an early middleweight with a clip frame drilled for hand brakes. It looks to me like it has stainless fenders. I'd put those fenders on the boys bike and send that Betty to the landfill after you strip it. The fenders may not fit if the Spitfire is a ballooner, I can't tell. The springfork looks like an original, pre-'55 style. Gary

Looks like S-2's on the red bike, it should have a longer red front fender to match the back. The green bike has a replacement rear wheel. But $100 would be a killer deal JUST for the red one! :mrgreen: -Adam

Red bike has medium front ring w/chain guard for large front ring, Front fender match the rear would be "right", chromies", (stainless?) off the step-thru might work, as well as the guard. Personally, I think it's worth it to get the big sprocket on there instead.
http://www.memorylane-classics.com/

Latest posts

Back