20" wheels on 26" frame...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
does anyone have a picture of how this looks? i have a 26" Eagle cruiser frame and was thinkin of picking up a set of 20" yellow mags...

thoughts please...

Well I have a 20 inch bmx with 26's on it, oh your going the other way.

Might look a little different, but Im thinking that the pedals will hit the ground.

Sinner4 said:
Well I have a 20 inch bmx with 26's on it, oh your going the other way.

Might look a little different, but Im thinking that the pedals will hit the ground.

maybe 6" crank arms opposed to 7.5" cruiser crank arms?

I just took a 79' Typhoon, slapped on a 26 on the front and a 20 on the rear. The pedals were on the ground. Chop it out with 5 ft forks and it should werk.

Pm Schwinnspastic as he made one. Here is the only pic I could find.
100_2687.jpg

I have a 26 inch early 80's Ross girls frame that I ride in the winter to prevent damage to the frank and beans in a slip.I put 20's on it for a while and it was fine as long as there was no lean at all, but if there was any lean the petals would hit. I ended up just throwing a 24 inch tire on the front, looks goofy as Hades, but gives me the clearance. I'd take pics for you but I have it torn apart getting it ready. By the way the 20" BMX tire on the back did a great job of traction.

It is the one hanging on the wall with the silver tires on it.

IMG_0488.jpg

Buck Masterson said:
I have a 26 inch early 80's Ross girls frame that I ride in the winter to prevent damage to the frank and beans in a slip...
Just about spewed Pepsi on that one. Coworkers are looking at me funny for laughing then saying "frank and beans" a few times.

^^ :lol: but really, just get a 20" frame if you want something to put 20" wheels on. they look goofy in my opinion, and ride terrible. my friend did it to a number of bikes cuz thats all we could pick up.

Not sure what year this frame is from but it's a newer style 26" Huffy Cruiser type. I put 20" rims with 20x3" tires on it. The tires give the bike a little more height than regular 20s. The crank is original to the bike when I found it, no significant problems with pedals dragging. I threw it together so my wife had something to ride until she finished her bike. A 26" bike frame allows you a little more stretching out from a 20" frame, but otherwise it not too much dioferent from a 20 or 24.

Owossofest09026.jpg

And here's my 20"Mongoose Mountain Bike with some 26"inch rims. Tires are 2.125x26. This bike was a blast too ride. I called it Nok Nok. RIP Nok Nok.

2007_0720noknok0001.jpg

Chainsaw said:
And here's my 20"Mongoose Mountain Bike with some 26"inch rims. Tires are 2.125x26. This bike was a blast too ride. I called it Nok Nok. RIP Nok Nok.

2007_0720noknok0001.jpg

I love this! I bet it was a BLAST to ride!
GENIUS design on that rear brake! Got any closeups of it?
Cheers!
Dr. T

Thanks Doc! I'm in the process of updating the FBN Gallery and I'm going thru ALOT of pics, when I get to Nok Nok's I'll make sure I look. I think I know where some of them are. I thought we had this bike in our archives but it was actually an older build and was documented on CBN (RIP :cry: ). I've still got the build pics though. When I find them I'll start a new thread.
Nok Nok was a ball to ride but it sat pretty high from the ground. The seat had to really be jacked to get the proper riding distance from the crank. My "boys" get sore just thinking about it! :lol:

If I remember right, Philipine also had a similar bike he was doing.

Thanks Cman! I'll try to go thru the thread later tonight and piece in the deleated pictures to bring this back to life. Gigs moved stuff around last year and the pics got deleted. I do have most of the pics! I looked for the thread but the search didn't bring it up for me.
Thanks! :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back