• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

2015 Electra Rat Rod 3i Steel Frame

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BIKE HAS BEEN SOLD! Thanks ratrodbikes.com !

Hello All,

I am selling my 2015 Electra Rat Rod 3i Steel framed bike. This is an awesome 3 speed Shimano IGH cruiser with flames, a bell and a carrying bag that can be removed from the frame. I have too many bikes in the stable and this one must go! Its a great bike that has barely been ridden and is about 99% free of any cosmetic blemishes with a few slight scratches here and there. I've had it less than a year and I really like it but I just don't have room anymore. The bike look and rides great and I just had a tuneup performed in it by my local bike shop. If you have any questions please feel free to ask me. All reasonable offers are preferred and I will ship at the buyers expense. This bike retailed at over $660 but I am asking for just half this price ($285).

Photos are at shutterfly: https://pix.sfly.com/-HfvE5

The specs below are from the internet regarding this model:

Details

Generous fenders and full-length chainguard keeps road dampness to the tires and grease off your clothing
Simple three-speed shifting is built into the hub--no complicated gear combinations, just twist the grip shifter and the bike does the rest
Coaster brake is responsive and intuitively easy to operate--just back-pedal and coast to a stop
Platform pedals do not require special shoes
Wide tires with red rims and sweeping handlebar have you cruising with the smooth ride of a vintage Caddy done up hotrod style
Heavy-duty steel frame flexes vertically, dampening road shock flowing up the bike
Metal coil springs under the generously sized saddle dampen whatever shock the frame doesn't absorb
Classic fork struts and flame accents on the frame, saddle, chainguard and hand grips complete the look

Imported.

Fitting an Electra bike is easy. Start by setting the saddle to its lowest position and then stand over it with both feet flat on the ground. Next, simply raise the saddle until it rests in the crotch. Tighten it in place, and that's it-- you're done! After an initial break-in period you might notice your bicycle performing less responsively than the day you brought it home. Not to worry, this is typical of all new bicycles and simply reflects that cables have stretched or their housings have seated themselves into final position.

Specs
Best Use Recreational cycling
Frame High-tensile steel
Bike Suspension No suspension
Fork Uni Crown Steel
Crankset Ratrod OPC
Bottom Bracket 9 PC Loose Ball
Shifters Shimano Nexus 3-speed
Rear Cogs 22T
Brake Type Coaster brake
Brakes Coaster
Rims Alloy
Front Hub Alloy 36H
Rear Hub Shimano Coaster/3-speed
Wheel Size 26 inches
Tires 26 x 2.125
Handlebar Shape Moustache bar
Handlebar Bullhorn
Stem Alloy Classic
Seat Post Classic steel pillar
Saddle Custom with metal coil springs
Pedals Platform
Headset 1" steel threaded
Chain KMC 410
Weight Unavailable
Bike Weight Weight provided is that of the as-sold median size (or the average of two median sizes).
Gender Unisex

Last edited:
Need pics to meet the rules, here is one to make you qualify:

aaa.JPG

Luke.

They did not make a steel Rat Rod in 2015, it was Aluminum, What is the serial number?

Location?

Last edited:
They did not make a steel Rat Rod in 2015, it was Aluminum, What is the serial number?

Location?
Hello, sorry this reply took so long. My wife bought this bike online last year and she tried to remember what bike shop it was from but hasn't remember yet. They told her it was a 2015 and I just used the bicycle bluebook to lookup the specs. I actually sold the bike this weekend but let the buyer know that the bike was not a 2015. She may have been duped when buying the bike. She knew I wanted a cruiser and really like Electras so she bought this one.

Back