2024 MBBO & STBO - Are you in?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you participating with shenanigans

• STBO

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • MBBO

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am planning to do a step thru, but things are really busy here. I have 5 bikes in the garage to repair that belong to friends and neighbors. Word is out that JJ fixes bikes and it’s hard to keep up.
Start the Build Thread. Reader engagement is a good thing. Post the repairs that are preventing progress. People will follow along, a few mentions of the project, and anticipation will grow

Bike demolition is another thing entirely

This one's in the process of being torn down. On the plus side it should qualify as a step thru now
1725114726508.png

Question:
Is the facebook page actively ran?
I had joined and it seems I can only post something for sale, unless that’s where you make all posts. It states: what are you selling? I think it would be helpful to make announcements of build offs, and maybe reposts of builds and threads on the site. Maybe get a few more eyes on the builds and site in general.

Question:
Is the facebook page actively ran?
I had joined and it seems I can only post something for sale, unless that’s where you make all posts. It states: what are you selling? I think it would be helpful to make announcements of build offs, and maybe reposts of builds and threads on the site. Maybe get a few more eyes on the builds and site in general.
Which one? There are 2

One is dormant (was Steve’s page before the site sale) and the other @Cyclist has admin power over

The rules say you can't start the build until September. Bike demolition is another thing entirely
If the journals are unlocked you can consider that a GO sign

Start the Build Thread. Reader engagement is a good thing. Post the repairs that are preventing progress. People will follow along, a few mentions of the project, and anticipation will grow

I suppose I could be better about posting more. I probably only even mention 1 out of 5 bikes I build or repair on this site. There is only so much time and many are just rebuilds of average bikes. It is actually amazing how many decent bikes were never assembled properly to begin with.

Might be fun to do a detailed video. A tour of the workspace, the tools, the current projects, the stash of parts, etc.

Both Facebook pages seem dormant and lack the ability of people to post. Rather sad given the amount of followers.
Personally I can’t stand Facebook. I left it probably 10 years ago and never second guessed that decision.

I would be sad if this activity moved from this site to Facebook.

Personally I can’t stand Facebook. I left it probably 10 years ago and never second guessed that decision.

I would be sad if this activity moved from this site to Facebook.
Facebook is the largest contributor to the demise of some very large forums over the years. People moving to groups rather than standalone forums

Sad

Matti has done every build this way just the the anticipation is will he finish

Facebook is the largest contributor to the demise of some very large forums over the years. People moving to groups rather than standalone forums

Sad
We're Lucky here we a have a very loyal group that see this as hangout

Latest posts

Back