20x3 kenda flame on stingray

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, new here.

I have a kenda flame 20x3.0in tire mounted on an S2 rear wheel, it seems like I saw a pic somewhere that someone got one of these to fit on a stingray junior frame... On my senior frame, or junior frame it rubs on the upper and lower part of the frame closest to the seat post.. Anyone done this retrofit? What method could I use to spread the frame at the front?

I figure I have two options..

1- spread the frame somehow/reweld upper and lower supports back in after spreading

2- notch out a section of the frame.. atleast 1/2 in and weld plate steel in to seal it up and hopefully help with integrity.

484907_10200387600389291_783133505_n_zpsefcd1c92.jpg

And NO i don't plan on doing that to this yellow bike. I have a frame that was sandblasted that ill be doing it to.

What do you guys think?

Thanks,
Justin

I did that with a 20"x3" innova on a sting ray. You will not only have to spread the stays BUT also move the wheel back about an 1"(possibly more, since My tire was on a 55mm rim. So it may have been lower than on a standard s2). If you really want to do it it's easier to just cut some stays off a 24" or 26" bike and section them down to fit around the tire. Or just make some new stays. In all likelihood that would be the easiest way.

Well you may be able to just spread it since I looked at the picture and you actually have the tire in the frame. :oops: I couldn't even get the one I did in unless the tire was totally flat.

sensor said:
I did that with a 20"x3" innova on a sting ray. You will not only have to spread the stays BUT also move the wheel back about an 1"(possibly more, since My tire was on a 55mm rim. So it may have been lower than on a standard s2). If you really want to do it it's easier to just cut some stays off a 24" or 26" bike and section them down to fit around the tire. Or just make some new stays. In all likelihood that would be the easiest way.

Well you may be able to just spread it since I looked at the picture and you actually have the tire in the frame. :oops: I couldn't even get the one I did in unless the tire was totally flat.

Oh yeah tire was definitely deflated to get it in there! lol

Latest posts

Back