24" 3 speed coaster brake wheelset source

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have a good source for these? Preferably 50-65mm wide, but could consider 1.75".

For such a specific wheelset, you may need to resort to building your own. A more expensive solution would be having a dependable LBS build up a set for you. As far as ready-made goes, if you couldn't find a set like that through the gewgle you'll most likely need to resort to the above.

I don't know that I've ever seen a ready-made set in 24" before
Same here, which is puzzling. I cannot believe there is basically zero market for 24" cruiser wheels in hillier areas or just to go faster.

I just looked at Felt cruiser lists including my inventory (I only collect and build Felts) and found the following:
26" front/24" rear, 3 speed:
Behind the 8-ball (European version)
Troy Lee Designs Spray
Troy Lee Designs Happy Hour
Vintage Iron 400
Vintage Iron Bolt
Vintage Iron Pursang

24" both wheels, 3 speed:
Red Baron (1 of the models)
Torch

24" both wheels with 3 speed cassette:
Hot Wheels Sixty-8

So it looks like they did exist and Felt used to make them or bought them from somewhere else.

If you end up having to build your own and need a 3 speed coaster brakre hub, I have a vintage 36h Sturmey Archer 3 Speed Coaster Brake hub with shifter I'd be willing to let go on the cheap. Drop me a PM if you get to that point in your search.
I will definitely keep that in mind and thank you!

Latest posts

Back