24x3.??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
24 x 3

I've been using these tires with regular width rims
and I've had no problems but the new wider rims make
them look huge I even started using 26" slime tubes also no
problems
DSC00816.jpg

[/img]
Hard to believe the 1 on the far left is a 24 x 3.45 Hoggy O it looks narrower than the others

:) I been using old 24" mountainbike rims, you can get the whole bike pretty cheap. On some I did a couple years ago I even used them with derraileurs but the chain gets close to the tires. Now I usually cut the spokes out and replace the hub with a coaster brake unit .( Preferably multi-speed) These Araya have a neat oldschool look and are found on old MB's. Hope this helps!

2006_120224c0147.jpg
2006_1202240143.jpg

:D No problem new-dharma , I don't know if the others guys have found this
but the bikes still scoot with the large tires and make for a nice cushy ride.
I also have got a 26 x 3 kenda flame but it won't fit on any of my frames...... oh well.

How are the 24x3's for fitting onto older Schwinns? My understanding is that they will fit onto the heavy weight ballooners but not the middle weights.

I've got some Kenda Kraze 26x2.125's on a '67 Schwinn middle weight (cantlever frame) and they are pretty close to the chain stays.

Do any of you guys have a middle weight with the 24x3's on the back?

-Mp

i personally think 24X3 tires look awsome and change the way the bike feels. anyways a few more points not all tires are as wide as others. i found personally that the felt thick brick is very wide when mounted where as an electra fatio is much more narrow. now this comparison was done mounted onto a felt rear wheel which is very wide it's self. be warned although the felt rim looks awsome and makes the tire look even fatter it does cause some setup issues that will need to be addressed.

Back