26 inch tire problem.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i got some all white tires for my rollfast but the tires dont fit on the rims i was gona use for it. i tried one on a newer mountain bike rim i had and it fit fine. why is this? both sets of rims are 26 inches acording to the tires. but the one set is def. taller.

Does one of the tires have a fractional size while the other is decimal? Because in the world of bike wheels and tires 1 3/4" does not equal 1.75". Schwinn S-5, S-6 (both lightweights) and S-7 (middleweight) wheels do not take standard tires, they have to have specific tires for those rims.

i measured the rims strait across and the ones that are to big for the tires are about 23 1/8 inch and the rim the white tires fit on is only around 22 5/8 measureing strat across. the tires that came off the rims say 26 x1 3/4 s7 so i guess thats why my new white tires dont fit them. well lesson learned. thanks for the help now i gota find another set of rims that will fit my new tires. i didnt like those rims anyway lol

my mtb has 26 inchers, but the sidewall says something like 42/54 (just an example, i forget the actual numbers). what does that mean? im new to that system. btw, tires are wtb velociraptors.

there just rusty old rims i have good tubes for them tho the tires were about shot if somebody wants them around newark delaware area they can have them

X-RAY said:
my mtb has 26 inchers, but the sidewall says something like 42/54 (just an example, i forget the actual numbers). what does that mean? im new to that system. btw, tires are wtb velociraptors.

on an unmounted tire the first number is the width at the bead, the second the width at the tread. truthfully- like much of the nonsense in the mtb world- i think it just started as a way to sound more 'technical' or 'unique' instead of 1.95, 2.1, etc...... if you go to buy a tube just tell them it's for a normal, fat mtb tire :D

X-RAY said:
thanx for the info. sorry for being a threadjacker.

i doubt it's a concern- there are at least 4,352 other "26" tire won't fit" threads on this forum............. :wink:

Latest posts

Back