26" Wheels??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where are you guys getting your 26" wheels and tires?! I've been looking for a good 2 hours online and can't find any, and if I do it's from some shady cat with an ecrater site. Help??

If you have a decent local shop, they'll order some for you. I've heard nothing but good about the 2 sites mentioned. Keep in mind when buying wheels, especially coaster brake, it's a good idea to clean it out, check the parts, and pack it with some high quality grease before using. Makes all the difference between "cheap piece of junk!" :x , or "great deal, no problems". :)

Wait... You mean they make NEW parts?
ha that actually made me laugh...good one. i knew I was going to get at least a little guff for this!

Thanks for the tips. Not sure why I couldn't get a hold of a quality site the other but this definitely helps. Now I have to figure out which wheelset I'm going to get. Any suggestions? I'm looking for a 26 x 1.75 chrome set with a coaster brake and I'll throw all black 26 x 2.125 size tires on it, unless I can fit 3-inchers on there. Might go with a set from ChainGang Lowrider or Cycles US. The only that bothers me about ChainGang is the extra shipping from Canadia.

If you have a decent local shop, they'll order some for you.
Unfortunately, living in Philly, all the LBS's around here are mostly roadbike and MTB oriented. Wish I could find a good cruiser shop around here...

I'll definitely be using that "for sale" thread too, thanks guys!

The 2.125 tires will be fine. 26x3" tires are impossible to fit on a stock frame. Some forks can take them but mostly prewar and early 50's .

Im not sure if this are the same size wheels, but i see these sizes on different websites. Im guessing the second number is the size of the rim. look wise will you see a difference between a 26 x 2.125 and a 26 x 1.75 wheels with 26 x 2.125 tires? like will one of them look fatter?

second number is the width. It goes into detail what it means on Sheldon Browns website, also as a rule if it says 1.75 and another says 1 3/4 the tires are not interchangeable.

Latest posts

Back