3 speed parts

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am buying two big well organized boxes of 3 speed parts tomorrow. The guy said they were repair parts for Sturmy-Archer and Shamano hubs. What is the current availability and prices for such parts. What are some of the parts that I should be on the look out for. I have very limited knowledge on the 3 speed topic.

3 speed w coaster hubs are popular. Also, the shifters, cables, and associated hardware are always needed. Most hubs last forever, it's the shifters etc. that wear out or rust.

I'm not super familiar with prices for this sort of thing, but age would help. If the parts are for new hubs they are worth less than parts for old hubs. Especially if there are some of those little SA springs.

I'm under the impression that Shimano hubs aren't all that serviceable. Its a matter of replacing all the internals rather than what's broken. Shifters, pull chains, and other random things can be wildly useful.

Back