'57 Chevy BelAir Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I'd post this bike I just scored off ebay. Bet no one has ever seen one like this before. I'm not sure what the story is, but my guess it was some kind of Chevy promotional back in the early 60's. Hopefully, I can figure out how to post the picture.

2833788537_b9123cda0c.jpg

2833805935_050e8e9b82.jpg

2834626300_ecfcee9f0e.jpg

That worked, Thanks! I'll probably ride this a few weeks and then sell it, my garage is getting too full.
Oh, and those lights work, too!

Looks like someone built it custom. The frame, fenders and chainguard are a prewar Elgin.

Prewar Elgin? Hey, maybe I hit the jackpot with this. The frame has definitely been repainted; it is a girls frame at that, but the manly giant chrome rod erases any notion of femininity.

Wow, how much did you get it for?

I bid $60.00 plus $37 for shiping. The guy that sold it must have lost a fortune on shipping. Because the long tube is way oversize, he had to ship it by freight in a big wooden crate; it must have cost him $200 to ship it to me, but since he already had specified the shipping cost in his ebay ad, he had to honor it. I'll probably try to sell it after I have some fun with it for a few months. Anyone in TX interested? I sure as heck am not going to ship it!

jimw1960 said:
Wow, how much did you get it for?

I bid $60.00 plus $37 for shiping. The guy that sold it must have lost a fortune on shipping. Because the long tube is way oversize, he had to ship it by freight in a big wooden crate; it must have cost him $200 to ship it to me, but since he already had specified the shipping cost in his ebay ad, he had to honor it. I'll probably try to sell it after I have some fun with it for a few months. Anyone in TX interested? I sure as heck am not going to ship it!
What a score!
I think Markm is right, take it to a car show, someone is going to go crazy over it.

that is awsome wish i was closer i would buy that in a heart beat. talk about a cool base bike for RRBO4 :mrgreen:

Yeah, I thought about using it for a RRB0 bike, but most of the coolest part would be work that belongs to someone else, so I wouldn't want to enter it as an original. I've taken it for a few rides and it is super smooth and quiet.

I ran into an artist that makes those down in san diego. It was at a car show and he had 5 of them there. A t-bird, bel air, impala, le saber, and a caddy.

I ran into an artist that makes those down in san diego. It was at a car show and he had 5 of them there. A t-bird, bel air, impala, le saber, and a caddy.

You don't happen to remember the guy's name do you? I'd like to do a little research.
Now that I've ridden it a few times, I'm leaning towards keeping it a while, but that means I'll probably have to sell something else since my garage is getting pretty full with bikes. I like to keep a rotating collection so I get to keep trying out different old bikes.
--Jim

Latest posts

Back