6/1967 Schwinn Racer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
On my way to my grandsons birthday party, I saw a couple of bikes for sale on the side of the road. I thought I'd stop on our way back and check them out. On the way back we stopped, bikes were still there but the owners were not home. Thankfully there was a phone number on the sign. Called and left a message and continued home. The guy calls me back about 30 minutes after we got back and we made arrangements for me to come by in the morning to seal the deal.
The only thing he knew of the bike is that it was his grandfathers bike. I paid him the $40 and thanked him for calling me back and for the bike.
It would be a ride able bike if not for the flat tires. No problem as I already have a new set with tubes on the way. It also is a red band 2 speed kick-back that works great too.
Now my dilemma is to restore or keep it as is. I'll make that decision after I clean it up a bit. I have found that keeping the original patina is appealing to me (and cost less). I'm hoping that Schwinn chrome cleans up good with my tube of AUTOSOL.
DSCN1169.jpg

DSCN1164.jpg

DSCN1165.jpg

DSCN1166.jpg

DSCN1167.jpg

DSCN1168.jpg

Dig the "Hat in the Ring" decal on the seat tube.
That is cool. And for those that do not know, the "Hat In The Ring" is a tribute to Eddie Rickenbacker and the 94th Fighter Squadron.
Edward Vernon Rickenbacker was an American fighter ace in World War I and Medal of Honor recipient. With 26 aerial victories, he was America's most successful fighter ace in the war.

94THFS-2.png
Eddie%20Rickenbacker.jpg

Eddie%20amp%20His%20Airplane.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back