$60 by the beach

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked this bike up this morning, its a little rusty, but Its not that bad. I will try to remove as much rust as I can. Plans for it, either a metallic gold frame with with chrome pieces and white seat and grips or flat black frame with green rims and metallic green seat and grips, same theme as this lowrider/hotrod car parked outside where I work. Anyone know what kind of frame this is? I was looking around and it looks like a schwinn tornado or maybe a off brand copy of one.
im000324xh5.jpg

im000325ao6.jpg

im000326lc2.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA..................INTROwould be a good place to start! :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ooh sorry, well i live in hot as heck right now california and this is my first attempt at restoring a bicycle, this place is cool, hoping to learn from you guys. more updates on the bikes soon.

the frame guard and sprocket all look to be schwinn, and looks to be a tornado twin bar too, does the springer have "s" bolts on it ? if so you got a schwinn springer too, and those would normally go for $60 alone !!

Yah the fork has the "S" on the side of the spring part of the fork. The frame also has A118752 stamp on the rear drop. It looks like it was made in 1961. Im not sure if the wheels are schwinn though, is there a way to find this out? ill be replacing the fork with a bent one so the fork might go for sale same with most of the parts. anyone know where i can find a white version of this pedal?
41124.jpg

whats the tire size ?
schwinn wheels should have knurling down the centers and usually got stamped "schwinn tubular" on em
61 sounds right btw :mrgreen:

its 26" haven't checked for the stamp as its heavily rusted. ill be taking the bike apart soon and checking if the parts are schwinn, ill try to restore most of them for my project, some of the rust are really tough to remove though.

I have a similar year Schwinn and the rust came off pretty well with Aluminum foil and water. As aluminum is softer than steel you can rub a wet balled up piece of it on the chrome bits and it almost erases it away! Nice bike, should be a fun build.

cactus said:
Yah the fork has the "S" on the side of the spring part of the fork. The frame also has A118752 stamp on the rear drop. It looks like it was made in 1961. Im not sure if the wheels are schwinn though, is there a way to find this out? ill be replacing the fork with a bent one so the fork might go for sale same with most of the parts. anyone know where i can find a white version of this pedal?
41124.jpg
yeah... here........
bikeworldusa.com or they also have some on epay here...

http://cgi.ebay.com/block-type-bicycle- ... dZViewItem

Back