'63 Schwinn Corevette UPDATED 10/25

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all...i'm a new member to the site hailing from beautiful Portland, OR! A buddy told me about this website after he heard i was restoring a 1963 Schwinn Corvette. I had no plans of turning it into a RRB until i visited this site! WOW! amazing bicycles by all users...it totally inspired me to do this bike up the way it should be so i took it all apart and am in the beginning stages of making this into a sick Kustom Kruiser! Here are some pics of when i first picked it up to where i am now of the primer on the forks and frame...more to come! Enjoy...

ride on rats!

3o43p53l3ZZZZZZZZZ95v76c1e04d74ae1a.jpg

At the guys house in Vancouver, WA where i picked it up

DSCN0555.jpg

DSCN0557.jpg

DSCN0558.jpg

DSCN0560.jpg

DSCN0561.jpg

DSCN0562.jpg

DSCN0563.jpg

DSCN0678.jpg

DSCN0687.jpg

DSCN0686.jpg

DSCN0689.jpg

DSCN0690.jpg

DSCN0693.jpg

DSCN0694.jpg

DSCN0696.jpg

DSCN0698.jpg

DSCN0697.jpg

DSCN0702.jpg

The primer job was done today, October 5th on my deck at the apartment i'm living in. I'm moving into a house in december with a 4 car garage with plenty of room for me to work on this bike as a great winter project. I'm open to all comments, positive or negative...since this is my first build there is still plenty i need to learn and am an open book. I have great plans for this bike but don't plan on revealing them until they're completed or 100% able to be done!!

Thought id post up some pictures of the progress ive made since Oct. 5th with the corvette. I originally primed the frame and forks grey, but then realized the red paint would need a red primer to make it pop! i get the parts in the mail this coming wednesday and hope to have this bike COMPLETE by next pay day 11/4! enjoy...

the make-shift paint area me and a buddy made on the deck in the afternoon
DSCN0720.jpg

painted the seat post...still gotta clean the springs
DSCN0722.jpg

the forks repainted
DSCN0724.jpg

DSCN0725.jpg

the photos inside dont do the frame justice. when its nice and sunny ill snap some shots of it outside..
DSCN0726.jpg

DSCN0729.jpg

DSCN0730.jpg

DSCN0731.jpg

can't wait to put this thing on the road. i plan on keeping the frame and forks (obviously), the seat, crankset, and grips all original. the other parts i had to buy, they were waaaaay to rusty for what i was going for on this build. its my 1st build, remember, so if it all doesnt add up to be perfect, well then deal with it ha ha. just wanna say thanks again to everyone whos answered my q's so far and for the support...

Re: '63 Schwinn Corevette

Welcome, I lived in Portland for about a year. It's been over 10 years ago though, maybe longer. Really cool town. I hit up all the slot car tracks when I was there. And you can't beat McMenamins Greenway Pub. I miss Portland. Great Hotrod culture too. Dean

welcome :!:
love that frame, nice begining stage :!:

later mike :wink:

Corvettes will always be one of my favorite bikes, since the 1st old bike I ever had was a 1956, bought by 9 yr old me for $2.50 in 1980! And I still have it! Looks like you're doing that one up right. ~Adam

alright! its finished...well sorta...gotta get some fenders that fit for it, put on the chain guard, and replace the chain cause its old but works for the time being. This is my FIRST build, and i tried my hardest on it. got a lot of amazing help and advice from you guys, so thanks to all! she rides really well and im 100% satisfied with it. i still got a few things i wanna do but it'll take time and money and right now im broke as a joke. Anyways, comment, enjoy, til next time....

DSCN0732.jpg

DSCN0733.jpg

DSCN0734.jpg

DSCN0735.jpg

DSCN0736.jpg

DSCN0737.jpg

DSCN0738.jpg

DSCN0739.jpg

DSCN0740.jpg

That's a nice bike! If this is your first build, you did a really good job! Some day i'll get a Corvette, they have class.=Jimmy= :D

Latest posts

Back