69' SCHWINN DELUXE RACER

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Another estate sale pick up close to my office today...should clean up well.

IMG_1638.jpg

This is actually starting to become an issue...I have to stop now. :lol:

The bad part is that the estate sale business is exploding down in Highland Park right now.

When I drive to work I must pass two or three signs on corners each day at the end of the week.

I have to tell myself no..no...no...must...go...to...work. :shock:

Rat Rod said:
This is actually starting to become an issue...I have to stop now. :lol:

The bad part is that the estate sale business is exploding down in Highland Park right now.

When I drive to work I must pass two or three signs on corners each day at the end of the week.

I have to tell myself no..no...no...must...go...to...work. :shock:
wish i had that problem

The problem with estate sales is the pricing....especially on the first day.

It's not like a garage sale where they are giving stuff away. The folks running the sales have a decent idea of what stuff is worth and price it accordingly.

This bike wasn't cheap, but from my past experience, I know that when it's cleaned up it should make a decent profit.

I should come and work were you do so I can find all these cool bikes on my drive to work. :D Nice find. Matt

It's got a few things going for it.

1. It's an older part of Dallas with homes dating as far back as the 30s and 40s in some places.

2. It's one of the wealthiest neighborhoods in the country with residents like Jerry Jones, Mark Cuban, President Bush, etc.

3. Lots of old money with lots of elderly residents who apparently are dying off in droves lately.

Combine all of that and you end up with some pretty interesting estate sales.

Rat Rod said:
It's got a few things going for it.

1. It's an older part of Dallas with homes dating as far back as the 30s and 40s in some places.

2. It's one of the wealthiest neighborhoods in the country with residents like Jerry Jones, Mark Cuban, President Bush, etc.

3. Lots of old money with lots of elderly residents who apparently are dying off in droves lately.

Combine all of that and you end up with some pretty interesting estate sales.

Yes but Wealthiest neighborhood means wealthy neighbors to outbid. Here in Indiana I find bikes at the scrapyards for next to nothing. But on the other hand rust never sleeps here. :roll:

Technically, this probably wouldn't be considered flipping...ha ha.

I broke a rule on this bike...I told myself I wouldn't buy these anymore because they are too much trouble to clean and ship.

Now I'm just going to get rid of it as fast as possible and consider it stupid tax.

Rat Rod said:
Technically, this probably wouldn't be considered flipping...ha ha.

I broke a rule on this bike...I told myself I wouldn't buy these anymore because they are too much trouble to clean and ship.

Now I'm just going to get rid of it as fast as possible and consider it stupid tax.

Yeah but ones this clean you can't resist. I got a lead on a nice orange Runabout 27". Might go and get it today.

Latest posts

Back