7 Speed Nexus Wheel Set

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skipton

Come out and ride with The Chicago TailDraggers!
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Friend at work who is a hard core bike commuter wife rides (or did ride) a Bianchi Milano. Well the headtube cracked and they got her
a new bike. So Bob asked me if I would be interested in The Nexus 7 speed wheel set with a roller bearing brake

"Yes I would!"

7speednexus002.jpg

7speednexus001.jpg

7speednexus003.jpg

Cool looking Kenda tires
7speednexus004.jpg

7speednexus005.jpg

7speednexus006.jpg

Plus bag full of parts and two handle bars not shown.

7speednexus007.jpg

Not bad for $80 :mrgreen:

If I was smart I would save this stuff for the Build Off.
But I'm going to use the wheel set for my older son's 11th birthday gift.
He will have better equipment then me! :shock: :mrgreen:

This is the kind of bike the parts came off.
bianchi_milano_parco_2011-1.jpg

I love my Nexus 7. So much so that I'm not the kickback fanatic I used to be. I have the coaster brake instead of the roller. With a large drum brake on the front, I rarely use the coaster. Also, with the Nexus I put a 52T chainring on and have loads of top end here on our dead flat ground. Makes my bike really fun to ride. Gary

I honestly don't think there is a crime in the kid having better if it's getting used. I feel good about myself when I quietly do that kind of thing for my son.

Aaron at http://www.rideyourbike.com/index.shtml has a rebuild and weatherization service for these hubs that I'd recommend. Every time I go over there are one or two wheels people are sending in from all over the world.

I love the 7 speed nexus...

Great find!

Gary
Wow that's a big statement coming from a kickback fan like you!
I have a 4 speed Nexus roller brake hub on my Turquoise fender Schwinn I love it!(Everyone seem to hate on the 4 speeds)
Chicago is also board flat the only time I use 4th gear is when I have a 40mph tail wind on the lake front :mrgreen: So fast! :D
I would like to have a coaster Nexus, just such a cleaner look.

mrfritz,

Thanks I think he will ride the snot out of it! :mrgreen:
Lots of great info on that site thanks for the tip!

Thanks Skip

I echo the rest of the gang on this fantastic hub...I put a Nexus 7 coaster on my '62 American DeLuxe and I LOVE it.Anytime I'm invited to go on I ride where as I either don't know or am unsure of terrain,I usually grab the ole Schwinn simply because it is Nexus equipped...Pappy 8)

That's an awesome find and price. 26"? The brakes are so smooth.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

I love my Nexus 7 with roller brake... I'm sure you'll love it to. OH if you get a trigger shifter be prepared to spray it through and through with carb cleaner to get the dried up grease out. I had a really hard time with mine and still use WD40 on it from time to time.

Looking forward to seeing his build with this wheelset. I love my Nexy on Flexy! Really easy to put an old muscle bike shifter on one of these too.

Latest posts

Back