'70 Apple Krate Updated

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Just picked this thing up today. Little bit of a drive but got to talk with the original owner and talk bikes in general for a while so it was definitely worth it. He said he stuck it in storage a long time ago and forgot about it until 10 years ago when he was forced to move it to another location. Looks like everything is there to me. I think the tire was replaced (no red stripe) and the bars have a cross brace that he couldn't remember anything about. I just wiped off a couple spots and it looks like its going to clean up really nicely. I doubt I'll be keeping it so if anyone is interested feel free to PM me with offers.

072912175247.jpg

072912175301.jpg

072912175318.jpg

Re: '70 Apple Krate

All cleaned up. Both tubes were original, the rear leaked so I replaced it along with both brake cables. Other than that it was just some elbow grease that went into this thing. Still needs some work. Headset needs adjustment and front wheel needs to be trued. The shift cable and all the housing should be replaced also but I like the original look and will leave all that up to the next owner. Also found two very small holes in the seat but they aren't even noticeable unless you're looking for them. Will post in the for sale section next.

073012143239.jpg

Some number is inscribed on the Mag sprocket. Registration?
073012143252.jpg

073012144123.jpg

That cleaned up very well, I saw an Apple Krate over a month ago for $250 or was it $300 but anyways it was for way less than they usually are although of course like always no money for that one I saw.

Looks great. The number is the original owners social security number. Those were probably his initials.

Latest posts

Back